new.lds.org Leadership Positions missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
davesudweeks

new.lds.org Leadership Positions missing

Post by davesudweeks »

I could not find this specific problem from searching the posts:

The following positions are missing from new.lds.org:
HP Group Leader
EQ President
RS President
SS President

All councilors/Assistants are there. Other Presidents (Primary, YM/YW) are there as is the entire Bishopric. I have verified our MLS is correct and we are using Standard Callings for these positions. I have done a "Send new data to the Stake" recently (I do that monthly). All these individuals have been in these positions since before new.lds.org came out of the Beta site.

At first, I thought they might be Stake-controlled callings now, but the missing RS President and SS President don't support that conclusion.

Any ideas???

Dave Sudweeks
Elm Creek Ward Clerk
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

4ward4ever wrote:I could not find this specific problem from searching the posts:

The following positions are missing from new.lds.org:
HP Group Leader
EQ President
RS President
SS President

All councilors/Assistants are there. Other Presidents (Primary, YM/YW) are there as is the entire Bishopric. I have verified our MLS is correct and we are using Standard Callings for these positions. I have done a "Send new data to the Stake" recently (I do that monthly). All these individuals have been in these positions since before new.lds.org came out of the Beta site.

At first, I thought they might be Stake-controlled callings now, but the missing RS President and SS President don't support that conclusion.

Any ideas???

Dave Sudweeks
Elm Creek Ward Clerk
Those positions didn't make it to CDOL for whatever reason. To get them to be sent up to CDOL again you can edit them (change the sustained date) save it, and change it back to the initial value. This should get it sent up to CDOL. Once it is in CDOL the directory on lds.org will show them.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryan jones wrote:Those positions didn't make it to CDOL for whatever reason.
Just to clarify, Ryan researched the ward of the original post and his response is for that ward. Those positions do generally get transmitted automatically from MLS to CDOL, so no one needs to be concerned that this is a widespread problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:Just to clarify, Ryan researched the ward of the original post and his response is for that ward. Those positions do generally get transmitted automatically from MLS to CDOL, so no one needs to be concerned that this is a widespread problem.
That is correct. Thanks for the clarification Alan.

In general if you are seeing callings missing you can use this method to get them to re-send.
ryan jones wrote:To get them to be sent up to CDOL again you can edit them (change the sustained date) save it, and change it back to the initial value. This should get it sent up to CDOL. Once it is in CDOL the directory on lds.org will show them.
nmecantwin73

What about...?

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Ryan - so how would we fix this scenario:

CDOL lists our Teachers Quorum presidency from over a year ago. It has been changed twice since. Last week, in MLS, we removed the Teachers Quorum Presidency lines completely, did a send, then added them back in and did a send. This removed the most recent TQ President from CDOL (yes, two were listed), but the others (who are now Priests) still remain? (Currently in MLS, these lines are blank pending a new presidency.)

Thanks!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

njcant1 wrote:Ryan - so how would we fix this scenario:

CDOL lists our Teachers Quorum presidency from over a year ago. It has been changed twice since. Last week, in MLS, we removed the Teachers Quorum Presidency lines completely, did a send, then added them back in and did a send. This removed the most recent TQ President from CDOL (yes, two were listed), but the others (who are now Priests) still remain? (Currently in MLS, these lines are blank pending a new presidency.)

Thanks!
There are 2 options
  1. Request unit refresh data. That will ask for all the callings from CDOL. It will also refresh your members to look like what CHQ has. Someone else will have to say if there are other downsides. After you get that down you should see those callings so that you can delete them.
  2. Send feedback via CDOL asking them to 'correct' the data. They can delete the callings if you tell them which ones are wrong.
Hopefully as the Leader and Clerk Resources adds the ability to modify callings you will be able to see these problem ones and remove them from there.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ryan jones wrote:Those positions didn't make it to CDOL for whatever reason. To get them to be sent up to CDOL again you can edit them (change the sustained date) save it, and change it back to the initial value. This should get it sent up to CDOL. Once it is in CDOL the directory on lds.org will show them.
Thank you for the information. I'll take care of that the next time I'm up at the church.
Miknmaur

Post by Miknmaur »

My CDOL is blank but I am an out of unit member serving as a clerk of the YSA ward. The MLS is up to date and the positions are showing up on the LDS.org ward website. Please advise.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Miknmaur wrote:My CDOL is blank but I am an out of unit member serving as a clerk of the YSA ward. The MLS is up to date and the positions are showing up on the LDS.org ward website. Please advise.
I'm not sure what you mean that your CDOL is blank. After you sign-in to CDOL search on your unit name or number in the upper right. You should get a page displaying information about your unit. Click on 'Show all Positions'. That should give you a list of all the callings in the ward (you will need to expand each section or use the expand all link. For your YSA ward there are several callings showing.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”