Calendar Sync with Google Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
csdanson

Calendar Sync with Google Calendar

Post by csdanson »

I noticed another thread that is for people having problems syncing Google Calendar with LDS.org calendar. I am having a different problem.

I was able to sync up my Google Calendar and LDS.org, but now it seems that it has my events showing three or four times on my Google Calendar.
Google Calendar.jpg
(99.23 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

(just click on image to see it bigger)

Is it related to how Google is pulling the events or how LDS.org is submiting them to Google?
Never give up, never surrender!
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

How about you give me ONE of your duplicates so that I have something that syncs to my Google calendar. That will reduce your duplicates by 1 and I will then have an LDS calendar that works on Google!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cdanson wrote:I am having a different problem.

I was able to sync up my Google Calendar and LDS.org, but now it seems that it has my events showing three or four times on my Google Calendar.
Is it possible that these events are posted to more than one ward calendar, so you are getting multiple copies, one from each calendar? If this is not the case, then there appears to be a big bug.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I am also getting duplicate entries on google calendar
on sunbird events are displaying properly
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
csdanson

Post by csdanson »

tortdog wrote:How about you give me ONE of your duplicates so that I have something that syncs to my Google calendar. That will reduce your duplicates by 1 and I will then have an LDS calendar that works on Google!

I would love to give you one of my calendars.
Is it possible that these events are posted to more than one ward calendar, so you are getting multiple copies, one from each calendar? If this is not the case, then there appears to be a big bug.

No, they only appear one time on LDS.org, so I'm thinking more along the lines of updates to my Google calendar are happening every so often and not erasing previous events. Thus I'm getting more and more "duplicate" events.
csdanson

Post by csdanson »

I have found a workaround with Google Calendar. It works better than the export feature on lds.org. Hope that the developers will change the export feature similar to this php.

Return to “Calendar”