Updating Membership Window Stuck 3.3

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
CWatsonJr

Updating Membership Window Stuck 3.3

Post by CWatsonJr »

We just installed version 3.3 on Sunday and we did our first send/receive tonight. After the send/receive finished (successful) a window popped up stating that the membership was updating. The window has been there with the blue bars sliding across the screen for about an hour. We only have about 325 members so I can't se why it is taking so long.

Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Thank you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The bad news is I don't know what the problem is. The good news with MLS 3.3 (and 3.2.4 for that matter) is that send/receives can be interrupted and resumed at a later time without adversely affecting the database; or at least that is how it is supposed to work. After installing 3.3 there will be updates available for a few send/receives. Just do another send/receive to see what happens. There may have been a server load that was causing the delay.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

CWatsonJr wrote:We just installed version 3.3 on Sunday and we did our first send/receive tonight. After the send/receive finished (successful) a window popped up stating that the membership was updating. The window has been there with the blue bars sliding across the screen for about an hour. We only have about 325 members so I can't se why it is taking so long.

Occasionally I've seen this in our stake MLS, where some sort of "Updating...." box stays up forever. In my experience, if it takes more than a couple of minutes, it will never go away on its own. But as I look at the Send/Receive Status screen, I see that it has actually finished processing. There just seems to be a minor bug where the box doesn't get dismissed. So you can just close that box and move on. You can do another Send/Receive just to be sure, but in my experience, MLS has actually finished doing the update.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:Occasionally I've seen this in our stake MLS, where some sort of "Updating...." box stays up forever. In my experience, if it takes more than a couple of minutes, it will never go away on its own. But as I look at the Send/Receive Status screen, I see that it has actually finished processing. There just seems to be a minor bug where the box doesn't get dismissed. So you can just close that box and move on. You can do another Send/Receive just to be sure, but in my experience, MLS has actually finished doing the update.
We are on a dialup line. We have found that if we temporarily disable Sophos updates, the S/R completes very quickly.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”