Transmission Reports - What are they good for

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Transmission Reports - What are they good for

Post by wrigjef »

Just wondering

With just my current understanding of transmission reports, I would suggest/dream that a future MLS release have code which would print (only) these reports directly to pdfs (without additional clicks or keystrokes) on whatever drive is set to do back-ups on.
gingus

Post by gingus »

Well, I think that they are a good verification that the checks have been submitted, or that the deposit has been recorded at church headquarters. I always save them and attach it to the tithing records for the week, or the summary report that the bishop and the clerk sign.

So, that when the auditors review, it show that the checks / deposit were transmitted properly.

So, I think they are good resource to have.
rvvance

Many extra pages with CUBS than before

Post by rvvance »

The transmission report has many more items printed than before CUBS. Pre-CUBS, the transmission report showed the checks and the amounts from the donations. At the most, these were 1-2 pages each week. Now they can be 10-16 pages. The extra items are mostly names of donors. I don't have one in front of me but as I recall it says something about "participant added". I've seen the same participant added on different weeks. Is there any option to print only the checks and other financial transmission info?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rvvance wrote:The transmission report has many more items printed than before CUBS. Pre-CUBS, the transmission report showed the checks and the amounts from the donations. At the most, these were 1-2 pages each week. Now they can be 10-16 pages. The extra items are mostly names of donors. I don't have one in front of me but as I recall it says something about "participant added". I've seen the same participant added on different weeks. Is there any option to print only the checks and other financial transmission info?
There's no option for selecting what is included on a transmission report, although that would be nice. You either print the whole thing, or don't print it at all. You might want to preview the report and decide if you want to print it before you waste the paper.

I've noticed that with MLS 3.3 the duplicate entries such as "Add Participant" are fewer than with MLS 3.2.x.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I do know that if you hit cancel on the print and then cancel on the Are You Sure screen, you won't print them at all and the system seems to be fine with that. I've been doing that more and more often lately. I was just wondering why I need them anyway. I don't believe I have had an auditor look at a transmission report for a few audit cycles now. They typically focus on other reports.
jaleake

Post by jaleake »

Those reports are good for the paper companies stock, so we churn through more paper. Personally I find them annoying and useless, just like the records received messages that pop up with "CUBS". Why not print all of the messages into a file and let us print it if we need it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jaleake wrote:Why not print all of the messages into a file and let us print it if we need it.
That option is available. It is not a software option in MLS per se, but you can choose to have the messages printed to a PDF print driver instead of a paper printer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jaleake wrote: Personally I find them annoying and useless, just like the records received messages that pop up with "CUBS".
Fortunately those are gone with MLS 3.3

Return to “Local Unit Finance”