Selecting Stake/Ward on the calendar (like on the directory)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
skirkby

Selecting Stake/Ward on the calendar (like on the directory)

Post by skirkby »

Hi,

I live in Orem, and am serving on the high council for a BYU married stake. I am sort of in two stakes and wards. On the classic site, when I log in, I can only see the BYU stake and the BYU ward that I work with.

The new directory allows me to select either my home stake/ward, or the BYU stake/ward, which is AWESOME. Way to read my mind! The "Stake Central" application I use on my Android phone even synchronizes directory entries from both stakes/wards. Again, just awesome.

But the calendar seems to only show my home stake/ward, and doesn't allow me to select the BYU units the way the Directory does...

Is this something that might change in the (near) future? (Pretty Please?)

Thanks.

--sk.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

skirkby wrote:I live in Orem, and am serving on the high council for a BYU married stake. I am sort of in two stakes and wards. On the classic site, when I log in, I can only see the BYU stake and the BYU ward that I work with.
For the classic LUWS you can still access your home stake and ward. It is just not as straight forward as for the new directory. To access your home stake and ward from the classic LUWS, once you have logged in, use the "Stake and Ward Websites" link at the bottom of the menu on the left, and find your home stake. Once you have found it, you probably would want to bookmark the page so you can go there easily in the future (after logging in).
skirkby wrote:The new directory allows me to select either my home stake/ward, or the BYU stake/ward, which is AWESOME. Way to read my mind! The "Stake Central" application I use on my Android phone even synchronizes directory entries from both stakes/wards. Again, just awesome.

But the calendar seems to only show my home stake/ward, and doesn't allow me to select the BYU units the way the Directory does...

Is this something that might change in the (near) future? (Pretty Please?)
This is a feature in development.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
skirkby

Post by skirkby »

Thanks, JD.

Any word on the progress for accessing my BYU ward calendar from the new calendar application? It still just shows my home ward.

The past year, I haven't had a great urgency for this feature, but 2 weeks ago I was called as a bishop in one of the BYU wards in the stake. So now, I'm quite anxious to see my ward's calendar when I log in...

Thanks!

--sk.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

There are plans (currently in the early design phase) to add elements to the UI for out-of-unit leaders to make a clearer distinction between the home ward and out-of-unit (OOU) ward. In the meantime, the calendar should be functional for those OOU leaders, just not very intuitive to use.

The different tabs on the Settings page should contain all the information for the leaders OOU unit. In other words, the Calendars tab should give you admin access to create/edit/approve/delete calendars for your OOU ward, and the subscriptions tab should allow you to subscribe to your OOU ward's calendars, as well as your home ward. The OOU ward calendars on the Subscriptions tab will be listed under the 'All Calendars' list.

Once you are subscribed to calendars in both your home and OOU wards, those calendars will be listed in-line with each other in the main calendar view.

Return to “Calendar”