Moving events between calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Moving events between calendars

Post by craiggsmith »

Figuring out the best way to use the new calendar will be a learning process I think. We are currently consolidating some of the initial calendars we created, and down the road may decide to split others. It would be nice if the calendar wizard let you use current calendars as a source as well. It seems the only way to move things is to sync with an external program, then export an iCal file, then import it into the wizard?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:Figuring out the best way to use the new calendar will be a learning process I think. We are currently consolidating some of the initial calendars we created, and down the road may decide to split others. It would be nice if the calendar wizard let you use current calendars as a source as well. It seems the only way to move things is to sync with an external program, then export an iCal file, then import it into the wizard?
I suppose that's the only way if you want to move the whole calendar or at least a large number of events. But you can move individual events very easily by just editing the event and changing the dropdown for Calendar to a different calendar. If the number of events involved is not prohibitive, you might be better off just editing the events one at a time than going through all the hassle of sync, export, import.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”