Quarterly Report - Why the last month in the quarter?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
cbradford

Quarterly Report - Why the last month in the quarter?

Post by cbradford »

I have been a ward clerk for almost five years now, and one of my biggest frustrations during this time has been getting auxiliaries to provide numbers for the quarterly report on time. It seems that the presidents get in the habit of collecting numbers or reporting, generally by the middle of the month, and when the Quarterly Report rolls around they aren't willing to make an effort to get the data sooner. So my question is this: Why can't the data be collected for the second month of the quarter, and then be due by the 10th of the third month? It seems to me that this would avoid so many headaches for everyone involved. It would allow everyone to work to the schedules they have established, and still get meaningful (probably more meaningful) data to headquarters on time. I would be interested to get thoughts on this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cbradford wrote:So my question is this: Why can't the data be collected for the second month of the quarter, and then be due by the 10th of the third month?

An interesting idea, but that's all decided well above our pay grades. And, knowing human nature, I'll bet you'll have an even harder time collecting information since now it was all weeks ago ("I've lost my notes", "I don't remember", etc.)

I would suggest sitting down with your bishop and work out how to get this straighted out. Since the quarterly report (as a whole) determines the ward budget, then perhaps you might consider withholding everyone's budget until everyone turns in their numbers. (A little peer pressure there.) That is what happens to a ward that doesn't turn in a report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”