Sanity Check

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Sanity Check

Post by wrigjef »

Going through instructions for doing 1099's. Everything the stake paid out this year seems to be excluded but there is an exclusion for "Corporations" I wonder if any of these need 1009's
Southern Virginia University for Youth Conference Housing (Deposit for 2011)

All United Bus for transportation during a Youth Conference

National Park Service for a girls campsite reservation
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

wrigjef wrote:Going through instructions for doing 1099's. Everything the stake paid out this year seems to be excluded but there is an exclusion for "Corporations" I wonder if any of these need 1009's Southern Virginia University for Youth Conference Housing (Deposit for 2011)
All United Bus for transportation during a Youth Conference
National Park Service for a girls campsite reservation
Not an expert, but I doubt it. These all seem to be incorporated so you don't have to provide one to them. For more, see this wiki article.

As far as services go, as I had it explained to me, purchasing food (unprocessed/unprepared) does not require a 1099 but paying a member to prepare the food does. If the member owns a catering business and does this as part of that business, you do not. If you just hire a member to do it, then you do.
daveywest

Post by daveywest »

A 1099 form is typically the record of payment for services to an individual person acting as an independent contractor. If the individual was an employee they would receive a W2 instead.

That said, non of the payees you mention would need a 1099.
Bro. West
Assistant Stake Clerk - Finance (2 years)
Former Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance (3 years)

Return to “Local Unit Finance”