New Calendar Sync with Google

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
MrB-p40

New Calendar Sync with Google

Post by MrB-p40 »

I have followed the directions posted on the website for syncing my ward calendar with Google. The calendar appears under the "other calendar" heading, but no events appear on the calendar. I made sure the URL was copied correctly, and have uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. Is there a problem with sync at this time?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MrB wrote:I have followed the directions posted on the website for syncing my ward calendar with Google. The calendar appears under the "other calendar" heading, but no events appear on the calendar. I made sure the URL was copied correctly, and have uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. Is there a problem with sync at this time?
There is a problem currently that affects some people, but not all. See these threads, for example:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kd7cmv

No events.

Post by kd7cmv »

I'm having the same issue. I've tried following the instructions several times for both the Google sync and the outlook sync. The calendar shows up in both outlook and google calendar, but there are no events. I'm subscribed to many calendars that have events. Does this feature really work for anybody? I even tried syncing my wife's calendar and it didn't work either.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kd7cmv wrote:I'm having the same issue. I've tried following the instructions several times for both the Google sync and the outlook sync. The calendar shows up in both outlook and google calendar, but there are no events. I'm subscribed to many calendars that have events. Does this feature really work for anybody? I even tried syncing my wife's calendar and it didn't work either.
Yes, the feature works for many people. I can sync fine with Google Calendar, and many others have also reported it working in these forums. Of course, you're certainly not alone -- many people are having problems with syncing as well. There do seem to be far more problems with Google sync than with other calendars, but there's no clear pattern as to whose calendar works and whose doesn't.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”