Which forum to discuss A/V issues?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
craiggsmith

Which forum to discuss A/V issues?

Post by craiggsmith »

I need to post a question about distributing a presentation to multiple locations in a building, but I'm not sure which forum to use. It seems that most of the discussions on related topics are in this forum, but I see a little in the Other Technologies forum and a little in the Audiovisual Media and Emerging Technologies General Discussions forum. But to me that doesn't seem where it should be.

It seems that we should either make this forum more general, or make this specific to webcast technology and create another forum in this group for the rest of the A/V issues.

Of course, there are also A/V issues related to road shows, etc., and we don't really have a place for those (except some things like choir microphones have been discussed here), although that may not be an official respnsibility of the STS.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Thank you for your concerns and suggestions.

The administrators and moderators discuss the issues of creating forums and changing the scope of forums in the moderator forums. But as a user of the forums you can post to the forums that you think best fits the discussion in which you wish to engage. Our responsibility is to review and move threads to to the appropriate forum if necessary. You can best determine the forum in which to post by reading the description under the title.

For example the Clerks and Technology Support > Building-to-Building Communications forum has a primary focus on "[c]onversations around connecting buildings for audio, video and data communications" (emphasis added). The Other Technologies forum is a good place for A/V issues not connected to building-to-building communications. Another forum others have posted A/V issues is in the Clerks and Technology Support > Computers, Printers, Networking, and Electronics forum.

Make sure that you are not limiting the forums you are viewing to just the Clerk and Technology Support category of forums. There are a number of forums in other categories that may be more appropriate in which to post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”