MLS to LDS Tools

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
joejohn

MLS to LDS Tools

Post by joejohn »

I have our callings all up to date and organized on MLS, but only a handful of organizations are being shown on LDS tools app. How do I get all callings to appear on LDS Tools?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

joejohn wrote:I have our callings all up to date and organized on MLS, but only a handful of organizations are being shown on LDS tools app. How do I get all callings to appear on LDS Tools?
LDS tools gets its organizations/callings from CDOL, so the first thing to do is check that they are correct in CDOL. Another place to check is in the lds.org directory. The LDS tools app uses the almost identical service calls to get the callings from CDOL.
joejohn

Post by joejohn »

How do I make sure CDOL is correct, and how do I make changes in it?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

joejohn wrote:How do I make sure CDOL is correct
Go to CDOL or if you are signed in to lds.org you will have it on your tools menu based on your calling. Once in CDOL search on your ward and click on show all positions.
joejohn wrote:and how do I make changes in it?
In general you make changes in CDOL via MLS.

In your case it looks like you have a lot of custom positions. Those don't show up in the directory or LDS tools yet. I know they have it in the code, but I don't know the release time frame of that change.
joejohn

Post by joejohn »

Thank you. I appreciate your help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:In your case it looks like you have a lot of custom positions.

Keep in mind that custom positions cause a number of problems. Including not getting the proper rights to various websites. Always use Standard Positions whenever practical. There is a tool in MLS to find all the custom positions and try to standardize them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”