Feedback (bug?) on marking online scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jangerbauer

Feedback (bug?) on marking online scriptures

Post by jangerbauer »

Hi,

Is it just me, or is the functionality to highlight scriptures buggy? More specifically, if I try and highlight multiple verses, or try and drag the button to more than one verse, the process is slow, many times the highlighting won't keep up with my mouse pointer, and today, I ended up seeing two bottom buttons.

Not sure what's happening in the background for this process, but it sure could use some serious optimization. My computer details are below for reference, but I'm confident it's not me that's causing this.

Let me know if I can provide any additional details / steps. Thanks.

--Jaren

Computer: MacBook Pro
Browser: Firefox 3.6.13
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I'm not seeing that at all when I attempt to do it. I'm also running on several Mac computers including a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.6 but using Safari, not Firefox. You may want to try Safari as a test.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I've noticed the same issues when highlighting multiple paragraphs. I'll relay the info to the project team's QA lead.
SorensonMi
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by SorensonMi »

I'm the development lead on the new lds.org. I will have someone look into this. Thanks for the feedback!
bbytheway

Post by bbytheway »

I'd like to echo this thread. I sat down tonight to do some topical study by searching and highlighting some verses. The highlight method is really clumsy, seems to be pretty slow in both firefox and chrome on the mac.

Also, there's a more serious bug I turned up: assigning a collection for the highlight in the pop-up is not honored. When I go back to my study notebook, all my highlights are in "Unassigned," so I have to go through all of the them and put them in the right place.

Way too much clicking around.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”