Ward website callings

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
danmcf

Ward website callings

Post by danmcf »

What needs to be done in order for the ward website to pickup the correct callings from MLS?

I am looking for waht steps need to be taken or what areas with MLS and or the website needs to be checked.

Thanks in advance

Dan
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

The callings listed on the LUWS located at classic.lds.org must be maintained manually.

Updates to the callings in Directory tool on lds.org happen automatically as MLS is updated.

If your local copy of MLS callings does not match what is in the Directory tool on lds.org for your unit, instructions to fix it can be found in the thread Clerks can now fix duplicate callings in CDOL.
danmcf

Post by danmcf »

jbh001 wrote:The callings listed on the LUWS located at classic.lds.org must be maintained manually.

If I understand correctly, the callings listed in the Directory tool on lds.org are fed from the CDOL database which draws most/all of it's calling data from MLS. Thus updates to the Directory tool should happen automatically as MLS is updated.

Update to Directory tool? Please explain that and how it is done. ...

Here is an example I used to be HPGL four months ago I became Mission Leader. MLS reflects the change, yet the ward website does not. This is true for many callings / members.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

danmcf wrote:Update to Directory tool? Please explain that and how it is done. ...
If you are accessing your "ward website" by navigating to classic.lds.org > About the Church > Stake and Ward Web Sites, callings must be updated manually by your ward's website administrator. Nothing you do in MLS will affect the callings on this website.

If you are accessing your "ward website" by navigating to lds.org > Tools > Classic LDS.org Stake and Ward Websites, callings must be updated manually by your ward's website administrator. Nothing you do in MLS will affect the callings on this website.

If you are accessing your "ward website" by navigating to lds.org > Tools > Directory, then the callings listed should match what is is MLS. If they don't, then the link in my previous post describes how the ward clerk or bishop can fix this.
danmcf wrote:Here is an example I used to be HPGL four months ago I became Mission Leader. MLS reflects the change, yet the ward website does not. This is true for many callings / members.
As HPGL or Ward Mission Leader, you cannot make any changes to this unless you have administrative privileges to MLS (like your ward clerk and bishop should have). The best you can do is request that your ward clerk or bishop make the correction.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jbh001 wrote:The best you can do is request that your ward clerk or bishop make the correction.
In our classic LUWS I've "blanked out" all the callings, and the home page in classic has been re-worded to explain that now the new directory at LDS.org is the only directory now available for our ward to eliminate this confusion.
danmcf

Post by danmcf »

kisaac wrote:In our classic LUWS I've "blanked out" all the callings, and the home page in classic has been re-worded to explain that now the new directory at LDS.org is the only directory now available for our ward to eliminate this confusion.

What are you talking about? The only confusion lies in the criptic replies.

I do not need to know or be told who can make changes. I simply need to now what specific steps to take in order to correct the issue.

To recap MLS shows the correct callings for everyone. The stake / ward website dies not. If the ward clerk knew how to fix it he would... Is there a place where I can find the instructions? As in A. Verify the information is correct at "this" location B. Do this ... Ect..

Clearly something is new set up right within the new MLS and or the new ward website.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

danmcf wrote:I do not need to know or be told who can make changes. I simply need to now what specific steps to take in order to correct the issue.

To recap MLS shows the correct callings for everyone. The stake / ward website dies not. If the ward clerk knew how to fix it he would... Is there a place where I can find the instructions? As in A. Verify the information is correct at "this" location B. Do this ... Ect..

Clearly something is new set up right within the new MLS and or the new ward website.
Since MLS is correct and the new ward website is not then jbh001's reply links to the instructions for the clerk to fix the new ward website.
The new ward website gets its calling information from CDOL (which is the Church Headquarters location for all calling info). This link Clerks can now fix duplicate callings in CDOL contains the instructions for the ward clerk to get the callings in CDOL correct.
jbh001 wrote:Updates to the callings in Directory tool on lds.org happen automatically as MLS is updated.

If your local copy of MLS callings does not match what is in the Directory tool on lds.org for your unit, instructions to fix it can be found in the thread Clerks can now fix duplicate callings in CDOL.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

danmcf wrote:What are you talking about? The only confusion lies in the criptic replies......
danmcf,
Sorry for any confusion, but the terms you are using are not descriptive enough for me (and others here) to be sure where you are having difficulty, and as such cannot help you fix your problem.

JBH001 is very clear, and following his post, quoted below, may solve your issue, or at least establish a starting point for anyone here to help you further. Tell us which of the following methods you are using when you see these issues, and then the tech community will know how to help you correct your issues:
jbh001 wrote:If you are accessing your "ward website" by navigating to classic.lds.org > About the Church > Stake and Ward Web Sites, callings must be updated manually by your ward's website administrator. Nothing you do in MLS will affect the callings on this website.

If you are accessing your "ward website" by navigating to lds.org > Tools > Classic LDS.org Stake and Ward Websites, callings must be updated manually by your ward's website administrator. Nothing you do in MLS will affect the callings on this website.

If you are accessing your "ward website" by navigating to lds.org > Tools > Directory, then the callings listed should match what is is MLS. If they don't, then the link in my previous post describes how the ward clerk or bishop can fix this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

danmcf wrote:I do not need to know or be told who can make changes. I simply need to now what specific steps to take in order to correct the issue.

We're trying to help you, but at this point we don't know if you're looking at the "classic" website or the new website. The steps needed to correct the situation depends on which one is involved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danmcf

Post by danmcf »

I am openning IE 7 and typing in lds.org and then selecting Ward and Stake Websites . Once there is login..... Everyone that has had their calling changed in the last few months shows incorrect data.

http://lds.org/directory/?lang=eng# shows the correct information.

https://secure.lds.org/units/a/leadership shows incorrect information.

Sorry for getting cranky but everytime I ask a question on here it is followed by being told who can and cannot make a given change in MLS. No one can find anything out of place within MLS. It seems to be that we are directing people to the wrong places. The Admins need to remove are correct the link for Ward and Stake Websites on the home page of lds.org.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”