Printing to A4 Paper

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Printing to A4 Paper

Post by lajackson »

Is there any way to change the default print paper for financial reports from A4 to Letter? We are using MLS version 3.3 and have had this problem since the version downloaded last month.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Is there any way to change the default print paper for financial reports from A4 to Letter? We are using MLS version 3.3 and have had this problem since the version downloaded last month.
Sure. You need to:
  1. Go to any printable page (such as Abbreviated Directory of Members).
  2. Do File > Page Setup
  3. Change the Paper Size from A4 to Letter using the dropdown.
  4. Click OK
The setting is sticky, so once you set it, the setting should persist for all reports (financial, membership, etc.).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
brodine

Post by brodine »

I am having the same problem as lajackson (MLS 3.3), but I don't think it's as easy of a fix as aebrown suggests. The reports that are contained in "Finance Statements" are apparently PDF files and so the printing procedure is completely different than any other reports within MLS. When you click on one of the reports contained in "Finance Statements" a PDF viewer comes up, allowing you to print the report. When you click the little printer symbol to print the report, a print control screen comes up allowing you to pick your printer and pick your paper size, and, unfortunately, the paper size initially is always A4. You can change the paper size but when you exit and go to print another report it goes right back to A4. Another thing that is annoying is that you have no printer control, you can select the printer but there is not "Printer Preferences" button. Our printer can print both sides of the paper, but there is no way to select it when printing reports out of "Finance Statements". My only recourse is to print to the "CutePDF Writer" and then open that PDF file on it's own through Acrobat and print from there.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

brodine wrote: The reports that are contained in "Finance Statements" are apparently PDF files and so the printing procedure is completely different than any other reports within MLS.

Yes, those are the ones we have to fiddle with each time. And we will continue to work on a fix as soon as we can get operational again.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Yes, those are the ones we have to fiddle with each time. And we will continue to work on a fix as soon as we can get operational again.
Well, if you would have said "Finance Statements" instead of "financial reports" it would have been helpful.... Ah well, you're forgiven this one time for a bit of imprecision [big lajackson grin].
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:Well, if you would have said "Finance Statements" instead of "financial reports" it would have been helpful.... Ah well, you're forgiven this one time for a bit of imprecision [big lajackson grin].

Well, we were having troubles with both, silly imprecise me! But, now we are not printing anything at all for the moment. (Different thread)
ianmichaelrobinson

Post by ianmichaelrobinson »

I am having the opposite problem the CERTIFICATES templates appear to be 'LETTER' only. Is this the same reversed problem? (my paper size is set to A4 and I still get the document off centre) Any thoughts?

At present I trim the document if the member is bothered which they don't seem to be.

- These forums seem to be full of folks that think about Clerk duties as I do... are we too exacting? lol My other ward leaders think I am... please tell me I am not LOL
rwood90

Post by rwood90 »

Still same problem even into 3.4 MLS -- put up fin statement, it has A4 as default and I suspect every clerk in every unit has to change to Letter.... the Page Setup option doesn't high light and no fix......

Return to “Local Unit Finance”