Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting 2/12/11

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mwgrover

Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting 2/12/11

Post by mwgrover »

Does anyone have any additional information on this yet? Attendees, time, duration, topics, etc.?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sachsen wrote:Does anyone have any additional information on this yet? Attendees, time, duration, topics, etc.?
An official letter dated 18 October 2010 stated who the attendees would be. It's the exact same list of people who were invited to the November 13 training meeting. That same letter said that "Details of broadcast times will be provided later."

As for the topic, Elder Oaks made that clear in his talk on November 13:
In February, a second presentation will focus in detail on additional issues, including the unique responsibilities of stake presidents and bishops, the work of quorums and auxiliaries, and the special challenges of units that lack sufficient members and leaders to carry out the full programs of the Church.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

aebrown wrote:An official letter dated 18 October 2011...
I think you meant 2010. :)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Mikerowaved wrote:I think you meant 2010. :)
Usually I make mistakes the other direction, but I guess I'm living in the future! Thanks -- I fixed my original post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sachsen wrote:Does anyone have any additional information on this yet? Attendees, time, duration, topics, etc.?
It appeared rather quietly, but the broadcast details are now available for the February 12 Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting on the new Broadcast Information page. Basically, it is exactly the same as the 13 Nov 2010 broadcast: It is a 2-hour broadcast, with the first satellite transmission on Friday (February 11) at noon MST (1900 UTC) and then every three hours after that through 9:00pm MST on Saturday (0400 UTC on Sunday, 13 Feb 2010).

The broadcast info is also linked to from the Feb 12 date on the Church calendar.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Will this be available to watch online late that evening, like the previous one? As it turns out, I made the extra effort to be at the stake center for the previous meeting only to learn that if I'd stayed home I could have watched it a few hours later. I would have prefered to just watch it at home and not leave my wife alone, since she was not feeling well that day. But even without the illness issue I would have preferred to just watch it at home.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mrrad wrote:Will this be available to watch online late that evening, like the previous one? As it turns out, I made the extra effort to be at the stake center for the previous meeting only to learn that if I'd stayed home I could have watched it a few hours later. I would have prefered to just watch it at home and not leave my wife alone, since she was not feeling well that day. But even without the illness issue I would have preferred to just watch it at home.
I don't know. Last time around (see Nov 13 Worldwide Leadership Broadcast schedule) it was communicated very late in the game that it would be available online, and even that was contradicted at one point.

But in any case, it was made clear for this broadcast that it can be recorded, so your stake could make a recording available for you if it isn't available online. Nonetheless, I would think there's a good chance that it will be available online, since this broadcast seems to be following very closely the pattern of the previous one.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Our SPcy announced this as being changed to Friday, Feb 11 @ 7 pm central. But calendar/broadcast page still says Feb 12 with no time. Any confirm out there?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tortdog wrote:Our SPcy announced this as being changed to Friday, Feb 11 @ 7 pm central. But calendar/broadcast page still says Feb 12 with no time. Any confirm out there?
There's no change in the schedule, but there are lots of options. Just like the Nov broadcast, the first possible viewing time is noon MST on Friday, then every three hours after that through 9:00pm MST on Saturday.

It sounds like your stake presidency just chose the third viewing time slot, which happens to be on Friday evening in your time zone. See the broadcast info for all the details.

I'm not sure what page you're looking at that says Feb 12 with no times. The Broadcast Information page is your best source of information for all broadcasts.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

aebrown wrote:I'm not sure what page you're looking at that says Feb 12 with no times. The Broadcast Information page is your best source of information for all broadcasts.
Both the Broadcast Information and the Calendar pages show Feb 12 with no times. But, as you say, the actual dates are from Feb 11 through Feb 12, with a multitude of different times depending on when the stake wants to link up. So it's all local. Would be helpful to have an "info" paragraph informing people of that, as it LOOKS like Feb 12 is the only date.

Return to “General Discussions”