Deceased member shows on Ward Map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rontilby

Deceased member shows on Ward Map

Post by rontilby »

I positioned and verified a household (husband & wife both members) on the ward map into a group (multiple households in the same apt building).
The husband then died.
The death was recorded in MLS (a few months ago).
Today, I notice that in the group on the map, both the husband and wife are shown as members of the group (separately, not as a couple). Only the wife is shown in the in the household list on the maps page. Deceased members should be automatically removed from the ward map.

(Yes, I have submitted feedback from within the lds.org web site)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rontilby wrote:The husband then died.

Silly question, but have you confirmed that his record is no longer in MLS? The reason I ask is that we've had at least one clerk who attempted to record the death by canceling the marriage rather than going though the proper process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

Yes, the deceased husband is no longer in MLS, and I received the expected update notification and automatic reprint of the widow's updated Membership and IOS.

We recently had a wife die, and the map entry correctly removed her from the household, so, this problem may be specific to the death of a head-of-house, or the death of someone in a map group. It could possibly be remnant data from a bug that has since been fixed.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

The problem described in this thread still exists and I have submitted another Feedback via the lds.org web site.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”