Print a list of all teachers for teacher development course?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
equitybldr

Print a list of all teachers for teacher development course?

Post by equitybldr »

Is it possible anywhere on MLS to generate a report of all the teachers currently serving for a teacher development course, or do I need to go through and search every organization?

Thanks.

Jason
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Welcome to the forum!

I can't think of a direct way to generate this report. I don't think Custom Reports would help, either, as I don't think you can distinguish between teacher/non-teacher.

You could, of course, output your list of "members with callings" or "callings by organization" to a spreadsheet (either "save to file," or "copy and paste" to spreadsheet) and manipulate it there by deleting the "non-teachers."

Really, though, this might be a good time to print off your list of all your ward callings and sit down with a highlighter and mark each teacher...make your report the "old fashioned way."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kisaac wrote:I can't think of a direct way to generate this report. I don't think Custom Reports would help, either, as I don't think you can distinguish between teacher/non-teacher.

You can generate a custom report with all the teachers, but it could be a bit tedious. For the criteria, you would say Calling Position -- is -- Primary Worker -- or Calling Position -- is -- Sunday School Instructor -- or...

I've attached a screen shot as well as an exported MLS report (rename the Teachers.mls.txt to simply Teachers.mls so that you can import it). You would need to add any additional teacher positions you may have in your ward.
Teachers.mls.txt
(728 Bytes) Downloaded 214 times
Attachments
Teachers.jpg
(68.85 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

kisaac wrote:I can't think of a direct way to generate this report...
And now I've thought of a direct way to generate this report! Ask aebrown to do the tedious parts for us! Thanks for your efforts!
aebrown wrote:You can generate a custom report with all the teachers, but it could be a bit tedious...

I've attached a screen shot as well as an exported MLS report...
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:You can generate a custom report with all the teachers, but it could be a bit tedious. For the criteria, you would say Calling Position -- is -- Primary Worker -- or Calling Position -- is -- Sunday School Instructor -- or...
and you would need to include all the different Primary Workers (Primary Worker - CTR 4, etc). Same for Sunday School.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JonesRK wrote:and you would need to include all the different Primary Workers (Primary Worker - CTR 4, etc). Same for Sunday School.
That's why I said "You would need to add any additional teacher positions you may have in your ward." I didn't feel like doing all of the tedious work!

Besides, some wards don't use those distinct callings -- they just use the more generic callings, especially since you can attach the generic calling of "Sunday School Instructor" or "Primary Worker" to a particular class.

Also, there are plenty of other possibilities, depending on ward preferences -- you could include the Ward Mission Leader, since he generally teaches Gospel Essentials, assistant YM/YW advisers, YM/YW/RS/EQ/HP/SS/Primary presidencies, etc., etc., etc. Each ward will make its own choices as to who should be invited.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”