Getting donation information from dissolved ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gingus

Getting donation information from dissolved ward

Post by gingus »

We have a member that moved in in 2010. The majority of their donations were made in the previous ward. This ward, since their move, has been disolved.

So, my question, is how does the couple get their donation information?

The ward is disolved, so does the stake finance clerk from the previous have it, or is this something that needs to come from SLC?

Thanks.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

gingus wrote:We have a member that moved in in 2010. The majority of their donations were made in the previous ward. This ward, since their move, has been disolved.

So, my question, is how does the couple get their donation information?

The ward is disolved, so does the stake finance clerk from the previous have it, or is this something that needs to come from SLC?

Thanks.

The Stake Finance clerk should have the information as it would be his responsibility to oversee the closure of the ward and it's records.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
gingus

Post by gingus »

techgy wrote:The Stake Finance clerk should have the information as it would be his responsibility to oversee the closure of the ward and it's records.
OK thanks. I will look up the clerk and have them contact him.
gingus

Post by gingus »

I also received a message from SLC that they would be sending out a donation statement since the member donated to more than one ward. So, has anyone heard if this is going to be the case churchwide?

If so, it would save a lot of time looking up old ward information for the members.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gingus wrote:I also received a message from SLC that they would be sending out a donation statement since the member donated to more than one ward. So, has anyone heard if this is going to be the case churchwide?
It has been said that CHQ was going to do this. We just did not know of it would be for 2010 or later. It appears from your comment that they will begin with 2010, which will be very helpful.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”