getting approval for new calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cynthiaandjjgrant

getting approval for new calendars

Post by cynthiaandjjgrant »

I am ward/stake website administrator. Trying to use the new calendar. Created several and they still list calendar as pending. According to what I read on the help site my calendars should automatically be approved. What's the hangup? Cynthia
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It may be that the system does not recognize your calling. The first question is how long have you been called as a website administrator? The second question is have you been listed in MLS using the standard position and not a custom postion? If you have been listed in MLS in your calling for more than a week and using a standard position then you may want someone with access to CDOL to confirm that you are listed there. If you are listed in CDOL correctly then you may need to contact LUS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

cynthiaandjjgrant wrote:I am ward/stake website administrator...
For further clarification, which one are you, or do you have two callings? In other words, are you called as a ward website administrator by your ward, or as a stake website administrator for your stake? Or, are you called separately by both your ward and your stake? Are your calendars for a ward or a stake?

Unless additional authority is granted to you by your stake, a ward website administrator would only be able to approve ward calendars, but could not approve stake calendars.

I believe the reverse would be true for stake website administrators- you could only approve stake calendars, and not those on the ward level. Others will know better on this.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cynthiaandjjgrant wrote:I am ward/stake website administrator.

Another point of clarification: Under the "Classic Ward and Stake Web Sites" (also called LUWS), a person can be set up as a website administrator without having any calling listed at all in MLS. Any role you may have had in the classic websites will have no effect on your permissions in the new calendar.

As jdlessley pointed out, for the new system, you are not considered to be a website administrator only if you have that standard calling specified in MLS (and as kisaac pointed out, that calling has to be in stake MLS for you to be a stake website administrator, and in your ward's MLS for you to be a ward website administrator).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:It may be that the system does not recognize your calling. The first question is how long have you been called as a website administrator? The second question is have you been listed in MLS using the standard position and not a custom postion? If you have been listed in MLS in your calling for more than a week and using a standard position then you may want someone with access to CDOL to confirm that you are listed there. If you are listed in CDOL correctly then you may need to contact LUS.
It looks like you are in a custom position of Ward Website. You will need to get your clerk to change your calling the the standard position of Website Administrator so that you will have the rights you need.

Return to “Calendar”