MLS 3.3 Directory of Members

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jsnauvoo

MLS 3.3 Directory of Members

Post by jsnauvoo »

I tried printing a Directory of Members. I customized using all fields, and two columns per page. The report is coming out long, and lines are not correct.

Anyone else facing this same difficulty?

Jared
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jsnauvoo wrote:I tried printing a Directory of Members. I customized using all fields, and two columns per page. The report is coming out long, and lines are not correct.

I don't know what you mean by "lines are not correct." But your choices do seem a bit odd. When you select all fields, you are asking for a lot of information. But then you chose two columns per page. That forces the software to choose very narrow columns, which means that information will have to wrap within those narrow columns, which will make the report quite difficult to read. If you're including all the fields, I would strongly recommend that you only use one column.

You can also try to adjust the column widths by dragging the lines between the columns to the left or right before you print or preview. But that requires quite a bit of trial and error to improve the look. You also might consider printing in Landscape (see Page Setup on the Preview screen).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sportstats

Post by sportstats »

jsnauvoo wrote:I tried printing a Directory of Members. I customized using all fields, and two columns per page. The report is coming out long, and lines are not correct.

Jared
I have seen that the page prints long, 1 page becomes 1 full page and a second page with like 2 or 3 entries on it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”