Stake Presidency 2nd Counselor role

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
R0BT

Stake Presidency 2nd Counselor role

Post by R0BT »

Our Stake Presidents second councilor does not have calendering rights but Stake Primary 2nd Councilor does....hmmmn guess she wasn't busy enough.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

R0bt wrote:Our Stake Presidents second councilor does not have calendering rights but Stake Primary 2nd Councilor does....hmmmn guess she wasn't busy enough.

This appears to be a mistake when the approver positions were entered. Obviously, someone grabbed just any "2nd Counselor" instead of the Stake Presidency 2nd Couneslor. I've reported this through the feedback link.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

R0bt wrote:Our Stake Presidents second councilor does not have calendering rights but Stake Primary 2nd Councilor does....hmmmn guess she wasn't busy enough.
There are two methods a member is given calendar approver privileges. The first is through callings. (These are referred to as default approvers.) The second is when a default approver designates a member as an approver. If someone in a calling that should have default approver privileges does not, then I would first look to see if they have an MLS standard calling. But for a member of the stake presidency to not have approver privileges then there may be something amiss in CDOL since that is where the calendar gets calling information.

A member may also have editor privileges for one or any number of calendars. Approvers automatically have editor privileges for all calendars except private calendars. The stake primary second conselor may have editor privileges for a number of calendars. She may also have been designated as an approver. If she can add calendars and does not have to wait for an approver to approve it before it becomes available for adding events then she has been designated as an approver.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I also saw this on our stake approvers list, it was correct before but now shows what you are seeing.
I would guess that the calling ID value was changed for the default approvers list, is anyone else seeing this to confirm?
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jdlessley wrote:There are two methods a member is given calendar approver privileges. The first is through callings. (These are referred to as default approvers.) The second is when a default approver designates a member as an approver. If someone in a calling that should have default approver privileges does not, then I would first look to see if they have an MLS standard calling. But for a member of the stake presidency to not have approver privileges then there may be something amiss in CDOL since that is where the calendar gets calling information.

A member may also have editor privileges for one or any number of calendars. Approvers automatically have editor privileges for all calendars except private calendars. The stake primary second conselor may have editor privileges for a number of calendars. She may also have been designated as an approver. If she can add calendars and does not have to wait for an approver to approve it before it becomes available for adding events then she has been designated as an approver.

I'm seeing the same problem as RObt reported - that being the Primary 2nd Counselor as an approver. So I'm of the opinion that the problem's more widespread.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

techgy wrote:I'm seeing the same problem as RObt reported - that being the Primary 2nd Counselor as an approver. So I'm of the opinion that the problem's more widespread.
Perhaps the ID has been switched between the stake presidency second counselor to the stake primary second counselor by mistake by a programmer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I contacted support and it appears that the problem has been corrected - at least in our stake.
The Stake Pres. 2nd Counselor is now IN and the Stake Primary 2nd Counselor is OUT.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:I contacted support and it appears that the problem has been corrected - at least in our stake.
The Stake Pres. 2nd Counselor is now IN and the Stake Primary 2nd Counselor is OUT.
It's not just your stake -- our stake had the same problem, which is now fixed. So that seems to be a good indication that it the problem is fixed in a general way that benefits all stakes.

(BTW, I moved this discussion to a separate thread, since it had nothing to do with the Ward Mission Leader as Calendar Editor thread where it started.)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”