New directory hides children in other wards but old LUWS does not

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jasonhyer

New directory hides children in other wards but old LUWS does not

Post by jasonhyer »

One of the newer security features of using the directory in lds.org with your LDS Account is that unless you are a stake leader, you cannot see children in wards other than your own. I recieved an enhancement request for LDS Tools asking to show the children like the stake web site did on LDS.org. After some investigating, I found that the old LUWS directory will allow any user to see any member in the stake.

I suspect that the LDS Account will not restrict this information on the LUWS because the code is old. Does anybody else see this as a big issue or as just something that will rectify itself when the old LUWS goes away?
Jason Hyer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasonhyer wrote:Does anybody else see this as a big issue or as just something that will rectify itself when the old LUWS goes away?

If no one has complained about all youth being visible to all members in LUWS yet, I guess it's not that big of an issue. I'm sure if something changed in the legal landscape, the legal department would cause change to happen.

And yes, it does seem like it will fix itself when classic LUWS goes away.

I'd imagine the complaints would come from the members when the youth (or their parents) can't look up their friend in another ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

It created headache for me recently when I was asked to contact the parents of child in another ward to coordinate a baptim. All I knew was the child's name and there multiple families in th ward with th same last name.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”