Minimum age to get a LDS Account, youth posting pictures

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
boozer

Minimum age to get a LDS Account, youth posting pictures

Post by boozer »

There are posts about children’s pictures in the directories. All of these seem to assume only adults will upload pictures for the directory.

What is the minimum age to setup an LDS account? I believe it is any baptized member, even those “not accountable.”

Is the person authorizing each picture uploaded to the ward/stake directory, supposed to verify the age of each member submitting a picture and then contact the legal guardian of the non-adult member submitting a picture?

An example of a thread discussing youth pictures and safety practices:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?4771-primary-kids-pictures-on-ward-website...Safe
allenjblodgett

Post by allenjblodgett »

From my understanding, the only people allowed to upload a photograph to the site are the heads of household. So, it is really up to the parents whether or not they want to do that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

AllenBlodgett wrote:From my understanding, the only people allowed to upload a photograph to the site are the heads of household.
Since my wife can upload photos this is not correct for adults. I do not have minor children, or any children at home, so I cannot verify if there is an age limit for children.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

boozer wrote:There are posts about children’s pictures in the directories. All of these seem to assume only adults will upload pictures for the directory.

What is the minimum age to setup an LDS account? I believe it is any baptized member, even those “not accountable.”

Is the person authorizing each picture uploaded to the ward/stake directory, supposed to verify the age of each member submitting a picture and then contact the legal guardian of the non-adult member submitting a picture?

An example of a thread discussing youth pictures and safety practices:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?4771-primary-kids-pictures-on-ward-website...Safe
According to recent response from the LDS Account Administrator there is no minimum age to acquire an LDS Account.
No mention was made of any age limits on uploading photos, however, I suppose that the Bishop of each ward could make his own policies if desired.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techgy wrote:I suppose that the Bishop of each ward could make his own policies if desired.

He might be able to make policy, but he'd have to assign someone to "patrol" for compliance. I don't think he's able to set it in the system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:He might be able to make policy, but he'd have to assign someone to "patrol" for compliance. I don't think he's able to set it in the system.

Agreed. Compliance would need to be handled by some sort of monitoring.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

boozer wrote:Is the person authorizing each picture uploaded to the ward/stake directory, supposed to verify the age of each member submitting a picture and then contact the legal guardian of the non-adult member submitting a picture?
According to the Upload Guidelines that are shown when you go to upload pictures it says (among other things):[INDENT]
All individuals in the photo have given their consent to its posting. If an individual is a minor, the minor's parent or legal guardian must grant consent.
[/INDENT]I would assume that approvers should also ensure that this is true of photos they approve (whatever the source of the picture). I don't know how difficult that is though. I've only had one photo to approve and I don't remember if the system tells you who uploaded the picture.
dobrichelovek

Post by dobrichelovek »

Minimum age is 8. My 6-year old was disappointed that the 8-year-old could have an account and she could not. :) The message stating that 8 is the minimum age didn't specify whether baptism was a requirement. I'll have to wait a little while before I can verify that question.

8-year old account doesn't seem to have the ability to upload anything or edit household. I don't know when that would kick in. Does a teen account have that ability?

Is this the youngest LDSAccount currently in the church? :)

Anyway, I hope it helps address your questions.
mevans

Post by mevans »

This thread is starting to answer a question I have. It's nearing being two years old. Has anyone made any conclusions? Is the requirement baptism and 8 years old, or just 8 years old to create an LDS Account? Has anything changed in these requirements since this post?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I can't address the LDS Account question. But the age limit for uploading photos is supposed to be 18. Currently there are bugs preventing 18 year-olds from managing their profile. It is being worked on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”