nonstop Add Participant and other CUBS oddities

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
donaldmkitchen

nonstop Add Participant and other CUBS oddities

Post by donaldmkitchen »

just about every time our MLS transmits, we get a financial report of Add Participant for our stake. Even if there have been no finances, even no changes at all. Donor list shows about 25 duplicates of our stake, the last one is a church unit and all the rest are Nonmembers. They can't be merged, something about redeposits. Anyone else getting this?

Also it seems like all our member Payees names were erased by CUBS and replaced by their Donor names. In other words, John Smith was the payee name and Smith, John was the donor name, and I think CUBS conversion erased John Smith and replaced it with Smith, John. Of course, I know I can modify and change them all back, one by one, but this seems strange to have happened.
stanstrad

Post by stanstrad »

I also get repeated "add participant" entrys on almost every Transaction report. This is at the stake level. and they seem to be the same ones over and over. Is there a way to clear the Transaction log file or equivalent? I have just stopped printing the report after a send and receive when I know there is nothing new to show...but when others use MLS they don't know better and have to print out pages and pages of reports to fill my box with :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

donaldmkitchen wrote:just about every time our MLS transmits, we get a financial report of Add Participant for our stake. Even if there have been no finances, even no changes at all. Donor list shows about 25 duplicates of our stake, the last one is a church unit and all the rest are Nonmembers. They can't be merged, something about redeposits. Anyone else getting this?

Yes, this is a widespread problem. See the thread: Payee's Are Rapidly Growing. Just be glad you're not in a stake, where the problem is 10 times as bad (if you have 10 units in your stake).

The problem is known. I haven't yet installed MLS 3.3; perhaps it is fixed there. Can anyone comment on that?
donaldmkitchen wrote:Also it seems like all our member Payees names were erased by CUBS and replaced by their Donor names. In other words, John Smith was the payee name and Smith, John was the donor name, and I think CUBS conversion erased John Smith and replaced it with Smith, John. Of course, I know I can modify and change them all back, one by one, but this seems strange to have happened.
Yes, that's true. This is similar to what happened with donor names. In the case of donor names, that was an intentional change, and even if you change the donor name to something else, it will be set back to the full member name in "Last, First" format on a subsequent transmission.

But in the case of payees, it's frustrating that the names were all changed to "Last, First" format for existing payees, but when you add a new payee, it's in "First Last" format. That makes for strange sorting and lookup. And in the case of payees, if you change the name, the change does stick.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
stanstrad

Post by stanstrad »

The problem is known. I haven't yet installed MLS 3.3; perhaps it is fixed there. Can anyone comment on that?

I am in a stake with 9 units and yes list was growing fast. Installed MLS 3.3 and it appears to have resolved it.
Also gratefull to have the "backup" prompt back..thanks
dnslynn

Post by dnslynn »

Thinking that MLS 3.3 solved this problem, I went ahead and merged all the duplicate payee entries for the 12 units in my stake (it took about 2 hours). Then I noticed that while I was no longer getting "add participant" entries on transaction reports, I am still getting a duplicate payee for each unit each time I send/receive. Are others seeing this as well?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”