MLS will not open

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jpmuofu

MLS will not open

Post by jpmuofu »

Today when we attempted to open the MLS application, the intro screen showed up but then quickly disappeared and the application never opens. We tried rebooting the computer, but the same thing happens regardless of how many times we reboot or click on the application icon.

I'm trying to hunt down when the last update was installed to try to determine if something got corrupted. I'm not really sure where to even look to figure out what version of the software we are currently running when it won't even open or how to fix a corrupted installation.

Any suggestions on why this might be happening and how to fix it? We really need to figure things out ASAP so we can process Tithing and Fast Offerings today.

Thanks in advance.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jpmuofu wrote:Today when we attempted to open the MLS application, the intro screen showed up but then quickly disappeared and the application never opens. We tried rebooting the computer, but the same thing happens regardless of how many times we reboot or click on the application icon.

I'm trying to hunt down when the last update was installed to try to determine if something got corrupted. I'm not really sure where to even look to figure out what version of the software we are currently running when it won't even open or how to fix a corrupted installation.

Any suggestions on why this might be happening and how to fix it? We really need to figure things out ASAP so we can process Tithing and Fast Offerings today.
It sounds like a corrupted installation. I would suggest a full install, as described on the wiki at MLS installation and repair.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jpmuofu

Post by jpmuofu »

We reinstalled and that seems to have fixed the problem with opening MLS. Unfortunately our last backup missed our last night of tithing settlement donations. Consequently, we had to close the year without having all our donations in for 2010. Is there a way to add/edit/fix donation records in a closed year?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jpmuofu wrote:We reinstalled and that seems to have fixed the problem with opening MLS. Unfortunately our last backup missed our last night of tithing settlement donations. Consequently, we had to close the year without having all our donations in for 2010. Is there a way to add/edit/fix donation records in a closed year?
Yes, you can add 2010 batches or edit existing batches.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jpmuofu

Post by jpmuofu »

Are there instructions available for how to do that?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jpmuofu wrote:Are there instructions available for how to do that?
This WIKI article might help you.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”