misc

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stott2

misc

Post by stott2 »

1. I have not received a message for counting donation on Jan 2. Will it be like last year where we change the date to Dec 31 and make 1 separate deposit for money the bishop received at home before Dec. 31? And then we make a second deposit for anything dated Jan 1 and after or handed in at church on Jan 2?
2. For those in the know in SLC, are we going to get our financial numbers looking right in MLS this year? Are there plans for this correction? Since we cannot make corrections at our end, will they look at what we have on the Unit Financial Report and make our computer numbers match?
3. Also, are they soon going to update the software so we don't have to print reams of paper every time we do a send and receive? I write 1 check or make 1 deposit and I get 4-8 pages printed out with all these "adding participants". All I want is 1 page confirming transfer of the deposits or the checks. When we update some member information we also get a lot of paperwork that we don't need. Condense it onto 1 page.
4. And lastly, as we do these send and receives we get these pop-ups that say "file cubs ......was processessed successfully." Then we have to click on this several times since they seem to process only a few files at a time. All we need is the end window that says that the send and receive was successful.

End of gripe session. Happy New Year.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stott2 wrote:1. I have not received a message for counting donation on Jan 2. Will it be like last year where we change the date to Dec 31 and make 1 separate deposit for money the bishop received at home before Dec. 31? And then we make a second deposit for anything dated Jan 1 and after or handed in at church on Jan 2?

There is no change in policy regarding year-end donations. I would guess there was no need for a new message when the long-standing policy remains in force.

This was discussed also in a recent thread: How do we enter 2010 tithing next Sunday (Jan 2)?.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”