Any suggestions? Error Downloading Scriptures

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
Chosen

Any suggestions? Error Downloading Scriptures

Post by Chosen »

After loading the Gospel Library for the first time on my wife's Android she gets and error that says "Error downloading scriptures" java.io.FileNotFoundException/sdcard/ldssa/ldsscriptures.25.db.tmp

The Wiki says that one reason for this error could be that the Church is performing maintenance on its servers and waiting until the next day should solve the problem. We have tried after 12 hours and after 24 hours and still get the same error.

To me it seems like her Android is missing something it needs, like Java or the correct version of Java. BTW, it works fine on my Android.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way to correct it? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Gene
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As a shot in the dark, you might try uninstalling and re-installing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Chosen

Post by Chosen »

Thanks for the suggestion Russell. I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't help.
Chosen

Post by Chosen »

For the benefit of anyone else that may have this problem I wanted to write what solved my problem and what was suggested by Tech Support. Here is the body of the email I received from tech support:

"The only reasons for the error are not being able to access the database. It usually is that the servers aren't available to download the database. Another reason could be that the sd card isn't available to store the database. Verify that the sd card is installed properly, it isn't read only, or it isn't full. If all of that is fine, you should try to delete the ldssa folder on the sd card and start the gospel library app again. It should then download the database and index again.
Since you have had problems, we recommend that you try the download with an uninterrupted broadband connection."

After receiving the above email I looked at my SD card and it did not contain a ldssa folder so I created one manually. After that I opened the application and the scriptures downloaded as they should.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”