Ward Mission Leader as Calendar Editor

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dobrichelovek

Ward Mission Leader as Calendar Editor

Post by dobrichelovek »

I'll hijack this thread instead of creating a new one... :)

I was adding calendar editors according to calling the other day, and everything seemed to work fine, but when I tried to add the Ward Mission Leader (the calling in MLS is a standard calling and shows up just as Mission Leader) it doesn't show up as a calling to add as an editor. Of course I can work around it by adding the individual, for now, but I don't really understand why that particular calling wouldn't show up to be added as an editor.

Any thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dobrichelovek wrote:I'll hijack this thread instead of creating a new one... :)

I think not -- this is a totally new topic. So I moved it to a new thread.
dobrichelovek wrote:I was adding calendar editors according to calling the other day, and everything seemed to work fine, but when I tried to add the Ward Mission Leader (the calling in MLS is a standard calling and shows up just as Mission Leader) it doesn't show up as a calling to add as an editor. Of course I can work around it by adding the individual, for now, but I don't really understand why that particular calling wouldn't show up to be added as an editor.

There are a lot of callings that can't be selected as calendar editors. I have no idea why some would show up and others would not, except that it appears that there is a list of callings embedded in the calendar's code, and some callings were left out. I'm guessing that the WML is an accidental omission, rather than being intentional. So I would recommend that you use the feedback link and report the omission.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I'll communicate this bug to the developers. Some other roles are missing too, such as RS 1st and 2nd counselor.
EdHammond

Post by EdHammond »

Found the same problem ... there are no Ward Mission type calling in the Editor list, but the example shows creating a Missionary calendar. I also see that I can email to the Ward Mission and it picks up folks correctly so MLS is feeding the data in. I think it is just a function of the dropdown list being truncated or something. How it gets fixed soon ... I really don't want to add people by name.

Return to “Calendar”