download and save

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
farwest

download and save

Post by farwest »

wondering how you download and save a confernce talk. Trying to download President Monson's talk on Gratitude and windows media will play it but how do i save it to play it to my class?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:wondering how you download and save a confernce talk. Trying to download President Monson's talk on Gratitude and windows media will play it but how do i save it to play it to my class?

I assume you are on the general conference pages at the new lds.org: http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions?lang=eng

There is a section labeled "Download". I'm guessing you are simply left clicking on the Windows Media icon, which will play it.

To download it, you should right click on that Windows Media icon. You will then have a context menu. The option you want depends on your broswer. It should be something like "Save Target As..." (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As..." (Firefox or Chrome). That will prompt you to save the .wmv file on your computer. If you want MP4 format, right click on the Q (Quicktime) icon.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Media Discussions”