HTTP where HTTPS is more appropriate (Individual Contributor's License Agreement)

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
jasondivy

HTTP where HTTPS is more appropriate (Individual Contributor's License Agreement)

Post by jasondivy »

I'm not a contributor (yet), and haven't picked a project to focus on. Still, I like the idea of helping out.

I'm mildly concerned that the "Individual Contributor's License Agreement" submission page (including name, address, and phone) is submitted via unsecure HTTP.

I realize packet sniffing among Internet routers is rare. Still, I see no reason to avoid HTTPS in todays day and age for any personal data.
allenjblodgett

I agree...

Post by allenjblodgett »

I agree with you, I just don't can't change it myself... (try emailing Tom)
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jasondivy wrote:I'm not a contributor (yet), and haven't picked a project to focus on. Still, I like the idea of helping out.

I'm mildly concerned that the "Individual Contributor's License Agreement" submission page (including name, address, and phone) is submitted via unsecure HTTP.

I realize packet sniffing among Internet routers is rare. Still, I see no reason to avoid HTTPS in todays day and age for any personal data.
We're actually discussing this now as moderators. We're in the process of pointing out a few non-HTTPS sections of the site that should probably be switched to HTTPS. Thanks for your help.
jasondivy

Post by jasondivy »

No, thank you. ;)

Return to “Help with this forum”