Sync Online Scripture Notations to Mobile Apps?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jangerbauer

Sync Online Scripture Notations to Mobile Apps?

Post by jangerbauer »

Hi,

I'm excited to see all of the new features that are being rolled out on LDS.org -- especially with respect to scripture study and the personalization.

I also use Gospel Library on my iPhone and was wondering if there were any plans to have functionality to sync highlights / notes / etc between the two systems. For example, if I am making highlights / notations in my online scriptures (at LDS.org), can those be synced over to my iPhone gospel library, so that those notations will show up there?

My guess is is that this might require a complete revamp of the mobile architecture, as to do this, there would have to be functionality for the mobile device to access my LDS account -- right?

Anyway, I thought it would be a great thing to have.

Thanks,

Jaren
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jangerbauer wrote:Hi,

I'm excited to see all of the new features that are being rolled out on LDS.org -- especially with respect to scripture study and the personalization.

I also use Gospel Library on my iPhone and was wondering if there were any plans to have functionality to sync highlights / notes / etc between the two systems. For example, if I am making highlights / notations in my online scriptures (at LDS.org), can those be synced over to my iPhone gospel library, so that those notations will show up there?

My guess is is that this might require a complete revamp of the mobile architecture, as to do this, there would have to be functionality for the mobile device to access my LDS account -- right?

Anyway, I thought it would be a great thing to have.

Thanks,

Jaren
I'm pretty sure the Android version of the same mobile app has that idea on its list of upcoming features to implement. I would guess the feature would probably make its way to the iPhone app somewhat soon after.
lesterlaro

Post by lesterlaro »

+1

I just began using the online scriptures to study the NT for this year and would love to sync what I'm studying at home with what I learn in SS. I'm using Android.
mahgig

Post by mahgig »

I don't want to link to it because I don't know the rules about such things, but I bought a commercial application that syncs between most desktop and smartphone platforms. I prefer it over the online scriptures on the website because you can use it on a laptop offline.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”