Sister with non-member husband = single sister

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
opee

Sister with non-member husband = single sister

Post by opee »

Can anyone explain why MLS reports (Detailed Unit Statistics) for single families counts Sisters (and I think Brothern) who are married to a non-member spouse as a single family? Is the logic for that stat based on membership and not marriage? Is there an easy way to differentiate between a single sister that is not married and a single sister that has a non-member spouse? Other than a custom report?

Is this a glitch?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you done two send/receives since installing MLS 2.6? I've heard there's a few glitches until it receives a "refresh" from CHQ.
opee

Post by opee »

RussellHltn wrote:Have you done two send/receives since installing MLS 2.6? I've heard there's a few glitches until it receives a "refresh" from CHQ.

Yes. I had a refresh pushed to me. I have seen the same on the Stake data and on a branch computer that does not have 2.6 yet.
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

Opee,

If you add a non-member record for the spouse and then select that person as the spouse on the marriage tab, the reports will come up ok. I'd actually hold off on doing this for a little while because of another bug that will be fixed shortly.
opee

Post by opee »

Thank you for the response.

I will hold off on making any modifications--I actually would rather not have to enter the non-member spouses for all of those families, if possible.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

runstodboy wrote:Opee,

If you add a non-member record for the spouse and then select that person as the spouse on the marriage tab, the reports will come up ok. I'd actually hold off on doing this for a little while because of another bug that will be fixed shortly.
runstodboy-

When we call support they tell us no bug fix is scheduled and that it will be handled in the November 2.7 release. What's the scoop?
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

Enrique,

I guess I should have qualified that a little better. Relatively speaking, it will be fixed shortly, since an update to MLS is scheduled for around November, which is a lot faster than releases to MLS have happened previously.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”