New Mobile Apps Available

jasonhyer

Gospel Library on Android eBook readers

Post by jasonhyer »

There may be a couple of options. First you can check out the Gospel Library for eBookssite and see if you can download the books there.

If the devices can actually install an apk file, you should use the Developer edition with the date May 25, 2010 on the Gospel Library for Androidsite. This is the last available version there is a publicly available apk file for. It has only minor differences from the version that is on the market right now.

If you download the apk file and it shows it as a zip file, rename the file to have a .apk on the end.
When you install the apk file it will want to download the library and index. Allow it to do the download and if the download is successful, you should be able to use Gospel Library.

We are currently working on updating the app to allow users to customize the content they download to their device. We plan to have the app available early next year.

I hope that you are able to get Gospel Library on your device.
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

Sync Issues in LDS Tools - Troubleshooting

Post by jasonhyer »

One issue we are finding as people are starting to use LDS Tools is that some people cannot sync despite repeated attempts to do so. One possibility is that there is a problem with the LDS Account. You can do the following to determine if it is an LDS Account issue.

On a regular computer, go to a web browser and do the following:

1. Go to https://new.lds.org/directory/services/ludrs/mem/current-user-unitNo
2. Log-in using your LDS Account when prompted
3. Open file downloaded or read the text in your browser and copy the six digit number at the end of the text (your unit number)
4. Take the unit number and put it in the following command (replacing <unit number> with their unit number):
https://beta.lds.org/directory/services/ludrs/mem/member-list/<unit number>

If all is well with your LDS Account, you should get a text list of all your ward members. If you don’t get this list, there may be some issues with your LDS Account. In that instance, please go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/sign-in/go/h ... ionId=7508
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

Gospel Library for Android updated

Post by jasonhyer »

Version 1.2 of Gospel Library for Android has been released to the Android Market. This update includes the October General Conference, the Hymns, and the New Testament Study Guide.

We are still working on the major update that will allow you to select the content you want to download to your device. Other upcoming features include better annotations and annotation sync with your LDS Account.
Jason Hyer
baelder

Post by baelder »

I recognize that it might not be as easy as I think but is there a way that the keyboard can be minimized in both the gospel library and lds tools for the BB storm. It takes up quite a bit of the screen. Just curious. Thanks
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

I cover mine with a post it.
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

I have LDS tools on my iphone. Its seems almost identical to "my LDS stake" app. I would like to use the Church's app however I can never download new data. I get a message that they are "aware of the problem and working on a solution"...this has been going on for a long time now. My "work around" is to delete and reinstall LDS tools, which works however I loose my "custom" groups and "favorites"... and have to reset my selected calendars...I'm to the point that I will probably abandon LDS tools, and resort back to "my LDS stake" 3rd party app....any suggestions?
djdinut1

Gospel Library iPad App Selecting Text

Post by djdinut1 »

Three problems I'm noticing using the Gospel Library app on my iPad: 1) Text selection does not include the full iPad text selection functionality of a magnifying glass to ensure accuracy; 2) The app forces me when selecting text to include a word past a hyphen even though I don't want it included in my selection (I may want to select up to and including the word BEFORE the hyphen but the app forces me to include the word AFTER the hyphen if I want the word before the hyphen included in my selection; and 3) when tapping on a paragraph, the entire paragraph is selected but often, when I try to grab the end selection marker and move it, it won't move. I've found if I move the end marker first, it usually works but if I wait and use the beginning marker first, the end marker won't move for me. Is there some special thing I should be doing to get it to move?
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

I understand that there is supposed to be an updated version of this App coming in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it will fix this persistent problem. Someone correct me if I am wrong please.
jgthomas

Post by jgthomas »

There is a new version of LDS Tools for iPhone coming very soon. It has been submitted to Apple and is pending their review. Hopefully this will help with the problems you are seeing.

In the meantime, you might try rebooting your phone and then starting LDS Tools again (Press and hold the Home Button and the switch at the top of your iPhone until you get the "slide to power off" slide bar.) This has worked for me when I have gotten that same message without deleting and reinstalling the app.
kirt1 wrote:I have LDS tools on my iphone. Its seems almost identical to "my LDS stake" app. I would like to use the Church's app however I can never download new data. I get a message that they are "aware of the problem and working on a solution"...this has been going on for a long time now. My "work around" is to delete and reinstall LDS tools, which works however I loose my "custom" groups and "favorites"... and have to reset my selected calendars...I'm to the point that I will probably abandon LDS tools, and resort back to "my LDS stake" 3rd party app....any suggestions?
boydwc

Post by boydwc »

Can you please provide a link to the android app for Mormon Channel? Many of us have android devices but we don't have access to market. The link on the LDS Tools Wiki is broken. You download Gospel Library instead of LDS Tools. Thank you.

McDanielCA wrote:We are proud to announce the release of the official Mormon Channel and Gospel Library applications on a variety of devices from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Previously, the Mormon Channel has been available for iPhone and webOS (Palm) devices, and the Gospel Library has been available for the iPhone.These applications have been received with enthusiasm and a hunger for more applications on more devices. In conjunction with community developers, we have been working hard to meet this demand.

Today the following applications are available:
NOTE: Search the Palm App Catalog and the Android Marketplace to download the webOS and Android apps.

Mormon Channel

The Mormon Channel application allows you to stream content from the Mormon Channel (radio.lds.org), conference, Church magazines, and scripture.

Gospel Library

The Gospel Library application allows you to study, search, bookmark, annotate, link, and highlight scriptures, general conference talks, and many other gospel materials published by the Church.

Please let us know what you think.

Return to “Mobile Applications”