Calendar oddities?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dannykos

Calendar oddities?

Post by dannykos »

Tried searching the new forums, but getting 0 results - so apologies if this is already covered somewhere.

Having imported our 2011 ward calendar from google into the new church calendar - and begun to disseminate the events through the correct sub-calendars, there is a problem with events spread over a number of days. The start date has been retained correctly, but the end date is totally messed up! It should be ending on 13th March 2011 - but when I enter that, the date it actually runs to is 13th Feb 2012!?

I've tried deleting and recreating the event in the new calendar - but to no avail.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dannykos wrote:Tried searching the new forums, but getting 0 results - so apologies if this is already covered somewhere.

Having imported our 2011 ward calendar from google into the new church calendar - and begun to disseminate the events through the correct sub-calendars, there is a problem with recurring events. The start date has been retained correctly, but the end date is totally messed up! It should be ending on 13th March 2011 - but when I enter that, the date it actually runs to is 13th Feb 2012!?

I've tried deleting and recreating the event in the new calendar - but to no avail.
I'm unable to duplicate this problem. Can you supply more details as to what kind of recurring event it is (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) and how often it repeats? Is it an all-day event or at some time?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Sorry - i'm trying to block out the 2 week temple shutdown - using an all-day event running from 28th Feb - 13th March. Recurring wasn't really the correct term to use, sorry.
Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 22.55.26.jpg
Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 22.55.26.jpg (19.18 KiB) Viewed 763 times
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

I've added a screengrab to the previous post - showing that the dates are correct, but it lists a conflict on Dec 25th 2011?!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dannykos wrote:Sorry - i'm trying to block out the 2 week temple shutdown - using an all-day event running from 28th Feb - 13th March. Recurring wasn't really the correct term to use, sorry.

Thanks for the clarification. I see what you mean, now, and it does appear to be a bug. I haven't tested it extensively, but as near as I can tell, it is a problem with any event that spans a month end. It moves the end date to be 11 months later than the date that was entered.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

thanks for the reply - I guess I'll be shelving the rollout until the end of Q1 just to be on the safe side. If I can get confused over it - many of my members will totally lose the plot!

Return to “Calendar”