member does not want name in directory

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rodarlint

member does not want name in directory

Post by rodarlint »

I am a new ward clerk and have a member who is adamant that their name not be listed in the new ward directory at newlds. Is there a way to hide or remove a name from the online ward directory?
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

They can go to their profile, edit it and uncheck the top box that reads:

>Allow authenticated members of my stake [district] to see my household information in the online directory as configured on this page. Unchecking this box will override the individual visibility settings below.

You can also do that as a clerk.
mcope

You Can Fix That

Post by mcope »

rodarlint wrote:I am a new ward clerk and have a member who is adamant that their name not be listed in the new ward directory at newlds. Is there a way to hide or remove a name from the online ward directory?

The member can do it themselves from their website entry. Chances are that they don't have logon information, though, so anyone with website administration privileges can do it. After loggin on, go to [Administrator Options], then go to [Membership Directory]. Go to that person's entry, and click on [change] at the right margin. You then have the option of what information to show about that family on the website, including nothing.
rodarlint

Post by rodarlint »

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize the ward clerk could edit the profile.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ibjot wrote:You then have the option of what information to show about that family on the website, including nothing.
Just out of curiosity, in the classic LUWS, it would still display for that person in the leadership directory if they were listed there. Any idea if that still applies to the new directory? It's just I hesitate to say that "nothing" will show when there may still be some "unless" issues.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”