MLS Batch Update Schedule

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dlernstrom

Post by dlernstrom »

(I posted this question over at the LUWS forum because it deals with MLS and LUWS, so somebody get mad at me if I shouldn't have posted the same question twice! ;) )

So, could somebody answer this definitively: What is the batch schedule for MLS and LUWS updates? I notice that on the top of my transaction reports, the batch date and time is listed. There are often times where I have wanted to submit a membership request, etc., and then needed to wait a few days before I received the change.

I recognize that if the request is wrong in some way, that it needs to be handled manually. However, most membership requests, etc., are certainly handled automatically and knowing what the batch schedule is could benefit those of us trying to handle changes ASAP after they are made.

We have noticed the same issues around LUWS where we snap a family's picture when they move into the ward and simultaneously request their records into MLS. We then are stuck waiting sometimes more than a week after the records come into our MLS before the transaction shows up on the website.

Looking for a definitive answer...

-David Ernstrom
SmithGW

Post by SmithGW »

I am not sure of the exact timing, but when I was a ward clerk 4 hours seemed like a good standard. I didn't have trouble getting things back if I waited that long. Remember, though, that you sometimes have to do 2 send/receive sessions to get something back.
dlernstrom

Post by dlernstrom »

I requested some records on Sunday at approx 11:00 AM and the records showed up on the website on Tuesday morning.

Records I requested last Tuesday did not show up on the website until this Tuesday. Apparently, as has been previously mentioned, I can attest that Tuesdays are website update day at HQ.

I'm still interested in knowing the batch schedule for MLS, though.
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

Our clerk keeps telling people he can get records in 2 hours but I haven't witnessed it personally.
dlernstrom

Post by dlernstrom »

I can get records into MLS in two hours... it really depends on when I hit the HQ batch update. I've gotten them in less before. Every transaction has a date and time on the top of the paperwork that shows when the batch at HQ actually processed the data. I'm after, "what is that schedule for those batches?"

If you submit a request right before the batch processes, send the request, wait until after the batch, and then send/receive changes, you'll pick up the updated information.

My experience has shown, though, that the batches are not in regular intervals...

Also, Regardless of the turnaround time for updating MLS, the website does not pick up the update until Tuesday morning.
jeromer7

LUWS Updates

Post by jeromer7 »

dlernstrom wrote:I requested some records on Sunday at approx 11:00 AM and the records showed up on the website on Tuesday morning.

Records I requested last Tuesday did not show up on the website until this Tuesday. Apparently, as has been previously mentioned, I can attest that Tuesdays are website update day at HQ.

I was asked the LUWS update schedule by a ward clerk recently and used the Stake Web site "Feedback" to query SLC. I received a reply within a day that LUWS was updated weekly on Thursdays. This was informally substantiated yesterday as a new unit that showed up in CDOL last Friday appeared on our Stake LUWS yesterday.
JLR

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”