More on Unit Discontinuation

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
idjeeper2

More on Unit Discontinuation

Post by idjeeper2 »

I'm at the point where I need to transfer our membership records to the new unit. What I'd like to know is what to expect with finances after that is done.

Will the finance data still be in the local MLS, intact? I have a few more issues to resolve (like the double transfer last Sunday) and one outstanding check that should clear by next week.

Tithing settlement is done, so that's a non-issue.

Can I expect to get a December UFS via MLS some time in January even though the unit is gone, or will it be sent to the stake? Or not at all.

Mostly, I'm unsure of how long we need to maintain MLS and continue periodic transmissions before we wipe the hard drive.

Anyone that has watched/experienced this before - I'd appreciate your input.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

idjeeper wrote:Mostly, I'm unsure of how long we need to maintain MLS and continue periodic transmissions before we wipe the hard drive.
I'm not sure if there's better advice, but I'd suggest making a backup and restoring it to the stake machine and creating a login for the stake clerk.

That way MLS will live on long after the ward and the ward's computer is gone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”