Resource Not Showing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tortdog

Resource Not Showing

Post by tortdog »

When I go to the Manage Locations and Resources, I see our ward location. Click on the location and I see all the resources, e.g., primary room, cultural hall, etc.

When I go to the calendar and try to assign a location to it, the only options are "other location" and our stake center. The ward location does not show up, so I can't select it and then assign a resource.

Thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tortdog wrote:When I go to the Manage Locations and Resources, I see our ward location. Click on the location and I see all the resources, e.g., primary room, cultural hall, etc.

When I go to the calendar and try to assign a location to it, the only options are "other location" and our stake center. The ward location does not show up, so I can't select it and then assign a resource.

Thoughts?
Each resource has a check box like "use this resource for scheduling". Is that checked?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Yes. Under "Choose the resources which can be scheduled independently" each of the following are checked:

Baptismal Font
Chapel
Cultural Hall
Kitchen
Chapel Overflow
Primary Room
Relief Society Room
Stage
Young Women's Room
Nursery Room

And "Treat the entire location as a single resource" is NOT checked. In the detail of the location, it reads:

This location is a meetinghouse
This location is not approved for use
New events can be scheduled at this location

That second option seems odd. The SPcy member just made the the change to the resource to provide for reservation of area in the building. I just asked him to look and see if there is an option to change "location" approval for use. Guessing that might be it.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

SPcy member went in and did the following:

>That option is labeled "This location is approved for use by all Stake and Ward calendars". I assumed you wanted to keep the building for yourselves. However, I have now ticked that box as well.

Once he did that, I can now make the changes. So even though the Stake thought that only the ward should make the decisions on the ward building for resources, after giving the Stake the ability to use the resource the ward building appeared for ward use as well.

That seems funny to me.

Return to “Calendar”