Calendar Email notifications- "Later" option not working?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Calendar Email notifications- "Later" option not working?

Post by kisaac »

In the new calendar on lds.org:
Has anyone noticed if the "send an email about this event - later" option is working?

I've used the option to send the email about this event immediately, and it seemed to send it to those I could check. However, in my own tests on a test calendar, the system is not sending me any notices when I chose to send an email on the day before my scheduled event.

I'm the Admin, and thought maybe it just wasn't sending one to myself, so I added my wife to me test, but it isn't sending an email to her either.

Anybody else?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How much in advance are you scheduling the event? I have no idea how it works, but in many other church systems there's a time lag as information flows between systems. You may have to schedule it a few days in advance of the email for it to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maybd

Post by maybd »

I ran into the same problem this weekend. I had scheduled our stake PEC meeting a few weeks ago and had set it to send an email reminder 3 days before hand. I realized that it didn't go out 2 days before the meeting, so edited the event to send the email immediately.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

RussellHltn wrote:How much in advance are you scheduling the event? I have no idea how it works, but in many other church systems there's a time lag as information flows between systems. You may have to schedule it a few days in advance of the email for it to work.
Thanks for that suggestion, and i did think of that. I made three events on a Private "test" calendar, and added my wife to the private calendar.

The events were all at least 7 days in the future, and one was in 14 days, so any delay would not be a factor. The immediate email arrived to both our email accounts, but the two "delayed" emails never did. I realize I can open any event already entered and check send an email "now," but remembering to do that a few days before each important event defeats the "later" option!

I'll submit it as feedback...
mmathson

Post by mmathson »

Same issue here that kisaac is experiencing. I'm doing send reminder 8 hours before event.
tomjohnson1492-p40

Post by tomjohnson1492-p40 »

I reported this bug to the QA team for investigation.

Return to “Calendar”