Households not visible or verifiable on maps

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Households not visible or verifiable on maps

Post by aebrown »

On the new maps site (maps.lds.org), each ward is supposed to verify each household's address.

But lately, it appears that we have many households in our stake that don't appear on the map. It's not a huge percentage, but perhaps 5-20 or so per ward. Some were previously verified; some were not.

What's more, there doesn't seem to be any way to verify addresses for those households. If you click on a household name in the household list, if the household exists on the map, a popup will give details for the household, including an option to move the household.

But if the household doesn't exist on the map, the popup doesn't appear, and there's nothing to drag to verify the location of that household. We're just out of luck.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Alan_Brown wrote:On the new maps site (maps.lds.org), each ward is supposed to verify each household's address.

But lately, it appears that we have many households in our stake that don't appear on the map. It's not a huge percentage, but perhaps 5-20 or so per ward. Some were previously verified; some were not.

What's more, there doesn't seem to be any way to verify addresses for those households. If you click on a household name in the household list, if the household exists on the map, a popup will give details for the household, including an option to move the household.

But if the household doesn't exist on the map, the popup doesn't appear, and there's nothing to drag to verify the location of that household. We're just out of luck.

I'm seeing pretty much the same thing. As far as I can tell, all of the ones that are missing from the map in my ward were previously in groups. I no longer have any group icons showing in the member list but those that were in groups do not show on the map and I don't get any popup when I click on them in the member list. (I didn't do anything to remove the groups--they just disappeared since last time I looked at our map).

However, when I download an export the group column shows that each of these households still have a group name in the group column.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Alan_Brown wrote:On the new maps site (maps.lds.org), each ward is supposed to verify each household's address.

Yes, I have seen that in our ward. And perhaps it is no coincidence that the download-truncation bug occurs when it hits the first such record.
DGMortensen-p40

Post by DGMortensen-p40 »

eblood66 wrote:I'm seeing pretty much the same thing. As far as I can tell, all of the ones that are missing from the map in my ward were previously in groups. I no longer have any group icons showing in the member list but those that were in groups do not show on the map and I don't get any popup when I click on them in the member list. (I didn't do anything to remove the groups--they just disappeared since last time I looked at our map).

However, when I download an export the group column shows that each of these households still have a group name in the group column.

My group icons don't show on the map either. However, my download file only lists the households until it reaches the first member that is not showing on the map. I only get 20 of the 100 or so households.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:I'm seeing pretty much the same thing. As far as I can tell, all of the ones that are missing from the map in my ward were previously in groups. I no longer have any group icons showing in the member list but those that were in groups do not show on the map and I don't get any popup when I click on them in the member list. (I didn't do anything to remove the groups--they just disappeared since last time I looked at our map).

I had seen the complaints about groups not showing up, but when one of our ward clerks complained that households were not appearing, I didn't make the connection. That seems to pretty clearly be the case. I should have seen that the problems were directly related.

Has anyone actually reported this issue?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Alan_Brown wrote:I had seen the complaints about groups not showing up, but when one of our ward clerks complained that households were not appearing, I didn't make the connection. That seems to pretty clearly be the case. I should have seen that the problems were directly related.

Has anyone actually reported this issue?
I just saw the problem this morning and I haven't had time to write up feedback and submit it.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”