Ward Map File Corruption

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
DGMortensen-p40

Ward Map File Corruption

Post by DGMortensen-p40 »

Thursday I verified an address and moved it to the correct location. It is in the same house as another member, so when the website asked to make it part of a group, I agreed. Something went wrong. Now the two members seem to have an error. They are still listed on the left side, but their symbol does not show on the map. Clicking on the name of either member in the group has no effect. When I click on any other member, the information bubble pops up with the name and address and other options. When I download the CSV file, the download begins in alphabetical order and stops at the name just before the first member that seems corrupt. I don't know how to fix this member so they show on the map and that the entire ward downloads.

I had one other problem while I was verifying addresses. The legend would automatically be set to show no symbols. It seemed to be after I moved a point, but not always. After I turned the symbols back on, it would continue to turn everything off occasionally.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

DGMortensen wrote: When I download the CSV file, the download begins in alphabetical order and stops at the name just before the first member that seems corrupt.
Interesting! I wonder if you've found the root cause of a problem several have reported.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:Interesting! I wonder if you've found the root cause of a problem several have reported.
My full ward export works and I have groups in my ward. I made the groups a while ago so it may be something with making a new group.
rontilby

Groups Missing on Map

Post by rontilby »

Groups disappeared from my ward map about 1-December. We're about 75% apartments, so I had MANY groups (I group by stairwell). None of the groups show on my ward map now.

Return to “General Discussions”