Saving Bookmarks for the CD Resource Edition of the Scriptures

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
buckfoster

Saving Bookmarks for the CD Resource Edition of the Scriptures

Post by buckfoster »

Reference - LDS Scriptures CD Resource Edition 6.1.106.25

I need to know how to backup and save bookmarks I create with the CD Resource edition version of the scriptures. I already know how to do this for notes and highlights by pointing to my own copy of Scriptures.enb, Study Aids.enb and Footnotes.enb. However, none of these files keeps the bookmarks.

I have looked in and swapped out all the files in "Program Files -> Intellectual Reserve -> LDS Scriptures CD-ROM Edition" path, in the "My Documents -> Notes" path, and the "Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intellectual Reserve\LDS Scriptures CD-ROM Resource Edition" path. For all of these files I have moved them to different directories and copied over the same from my Netbook. After doing this only the bookmarks that were already on that system remained and none of the others came over.

The fact that the system can remember the bookmarks even when all these files were replaced indicates they are saved somewhere else, but where and how to backup is the question.

Thank you in advance if you can help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I haven't used the product beyond installing it on ward computers. But a couple of thoughts:

Does the product use a viewer from a third party? The bookmarks might be stored there.

Another possibility is that they are in the registry somewhere.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

The CD version of the Scriptures, both versions that are out, use the Folio Views product as the engine.
buckfoster

Post by buckfoster »

Thanks Russell. The software does indeed use an external viewer, it is called Word Cruncher and was developed at BYU. The file is called wcView.exe. It also is one of the files in the directory that I replaced but didn't store the bookmarks. I have searched in the registry and found some references to it but no data. It could be there somewhere but it is not obvious to me where it is stored.
buckfoster

Post by buckfoster »

Thanks James. Folio was used for Gospel Link 2001 which I own and also earlier versions but I am pretty sure it wasn't used for this product.

Return to “Gospel Library”