General Church Events on the new LDS.org calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
maybd

General Church Events on the new LDS.org calendar

Post by maybd »

Our stake has decided to go ahead and take the plunge and switch to the new calendars. (Ultimately we decided to switch to reduce confusion after the transition to the site format.)

One thing that I noticed while migrating everything is that we used to have the General Church events show up on the calendar automatically (e.g. General Conference, Worldwide Leadership Conference), but they are not represented on the new calendar system. Is that something that is coming? I thought it was a great idea because it contained all of the information on the event, with a link for our A/V folks right there.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As they progress through the development of the new calendar the general church events will eventually be included. It will definitely be there before the official changeover. I know that does not help much now. You do have the option of going to the classic calendar to see those events for now (not much consolation for the less techically proficient members).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
maybd

Post by maybd »

That's great to hear. I had assumed as much, but wasn't sure. Do you know when the official changeover will happen? I know at one point the Church said 2012, the LDS Tools app says mid 2011, but with the refresh of the calendar that's been mentioned in this forum happening in February 2011 I can see being encouraged to make the switch then.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Unless a Church employee involved in that development chimes in we can only guess. There has been a back and forth about when units could/should use the new calendar. The latest is that they have progressed enough for the calendar to be of some use and the development issues that were causing them to push back their original idea from 2011 to 2012 has softened. That is all I can offer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”