Ward/Stake Calendar Subscriptions views

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nmecantwin73

Ward/Stake Calendar Subscriptions views

Post by nmecantwin73 »

I submitted this via the Feedback link, but thought I would throw it in here to see what you all think about it... and perhaps a developer, or two, might see it, too...

The new calendar is fun, though now that the stake has created their calendars and added events, the view gets quite crowded with our ward items listed, too.

I know that I can un-check any box for any calendar items I don't wish to view via the "Subscribed Calendars" box on the right, however, I now have 25 calendars listed and don't want to have to un-check 14 Stake calendars to only see my 11 ward calendars, then re-check them to view them all again. Call me lazy...;)

How about separating the view of "Subscribed Calendars" into two separate boxes for ward and stake calendars? Each could have one "master" check box to un-check all calendars listed in that box, whether ward or stake. That way we could view only our ward items at one click of the mouse, or only the stake items, then both.

I would think this would be possible as the ward and stake calendars are separated on the "Select Subscriptions" page.

Just a thought...
tomjohnson1492-p40

suggestion

Post by tomjohnson1492-p40 »

I can see the logic of this suggestion. I'll forward it on to the interaction designer.
thedunsons

too many calendars

Post by thedunsons »

I think this is the beginning of a good idea. This would make it a lot more usable.

As for my ward, we will have a single calendar. We do not have so many events as to warrant a seperate calendar for each organization. On top of that, you now have to have a person designated to manage all of these calendars.
-mike
kisaac
Community Moderators

Add calendar source on "subscribed calendars" list

Post by kisaac »

njcant1 wrote:I submitted this via the Feedback link, but thought I would throw it in here to see what you all think about it...
Love the idea:
Some toggle switch boxes at the top of the "subscribed calendars" list, like these three that could operate as a "muli-level sort" option, would save much time and confusion as the list we subscribe to grows.

Select / Unselect All Calendars
Select / Unselect All Ward Calendars
Select/ Unselect All Stake Calendars

Also Very Helpful:

We need to have some indication on the "subscribed Calendars" list in the main calendar view, to show if each calendar is a stake calendar or a ward calendar. The name may not indicate this, and the names may be similar or perhaps even the same. Mass confusion will reign!

For Example: Cub scout calendar (is this my ward one, or the stake one, as we have combined cub events on the stake level?)
(it does show you in other places if they are stake or ward calendars.)

Yes, I also have submitted this as feedback from the calendar app, as that is the path for such suggestions to make it to the developers.
nmecantwin73

Calendar subscriptions

Post by nmecantwin73 »

I posted this question again today in the webinar... just thought I'd bump it to see if it gets any more feedback.
nmecantwin73 wrote:December 7, 2010

I submitted this via the Feedback link, but thought I would throw it in here to see what you all think about it... and perhaps a developer, or two, might see it, too...

The new calendar is fun, though now that the stake has created their calendars and added events, the view gets quite crowded with our ward items listed, too.

I know that I can un-check any box for any calendar items I don't wish to view via the "Subscribed Calendars" box on the
, however, I now have 25 calendars listed and don't want to have to un-check 14 Stake calendars to only see my 11 ward calendars, then re-check them to view them all again. Call me lazy...;)

How about separating the view of "Subscribed Calendars" into two separate boxes for ward and stake calendars? Each could have one "master" check box to un-check all calendars listed in that box, whether ward or stake. That way we could view only our ward items at one click of the mouse, or only the stake items, then both.

I would think this would be possible as the ward and stake calendars are separated on the "Select Subscriptions" page.

Just a thought...
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

This sounds like a good idea. It would be especially useful for default administrators and building administrators who have to check all calendars at times, but would still like to have a relevant "personal" view.

Return to “Calendar”