Gospel Library and the BlackBerry

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
gasparin

Gospel Library and the BlackBerry

Post by gasparin »

Has anyone been successful in using the Church's Gospel Library App for the BlackBerry? I have failed repeatedly to get the content to install correctly. For more information, please see this thread:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5855
chadderboxfam

The Gospel Library may not be your best option . . .

Post by chadderboxfam »

I have the Blackberry Storm 2 9550 which is similar to the Torch (full-screen, touch). Take a look at this thread for some other options:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... torm2-9550
blaineg

Post by blaineg »

I can't get the content to install on a Blackberry Bold 9780. Mostly it sits there with a "Please wait" "Retrieving content..." Though sometimes I get some progress bars.

Well, I haven't been completely unsuccessful, I seem to have gotten the study helps on one of my many tries.

On the wiki it mentions downloading a GospelLibrary.zip file, and unzipping it to the SD card. But I don't see a download link for that file. The wiki page is: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_LIbrar ... he_content

Any help would be appreciated.
baelder

Post by baelder »

I was able to download the Gospel Library to work and also download all the scriptures but am wondering if there is a way to minimize the keyboard for the storm because it takes up half the screen unnecessarily. Thanks for any help.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

It is being worked on, I have been trying for a few months now. This is the latest word I have heard.

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 1:32 PM,
Yes Mike, it is being monitored. Sorry about not being able to respond to your questions. We have volunteers that help us support our mobile products, but have had a hard time finding folks willing and able to help on our BlackBerry offerings. We have plans to dedicate some Church resources to BlackBerry support issues in the latter part of January, so you should see some response in that timeframe. Once again, I'm sorry about being unable to help right now.
doug.archer

Post by doug.archer »

Yes actually there is. The google voice app was doing the same thing (always displaying a keyboard and my touch input was off by ~1cm) and someone had a solution that worked for both. In OS 5.0 (on the Storm 1 at least, but I'm guessing this should work for the Storm 2 as well), go to options>applications, then highlight (but don't click on) the lds gospel library application. Click the blackberry button and choose "Disable compatibility mode". Make sure you close completely out of the gospel library app, then the next time you go back into it, the keyboard should be gone.
bae1985 wrote:I was able to download the Gospel Library to work and also download all the scriptures but am wondering if there is a way to minimize the keyboard for the storm because it takes up half the screen unnecessarily. Thanks for any help.

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”