Time between MLS Synch and LDS.org for Permissions?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
geddes-p40

Time between MLS Synch and LDS.org for Permissions?

Post by geddes-p40 »

Hi folks,

Quick question, wondering if anyone knows. After I make someone a "web administrator" in MLS or give them any other calling that should allow them to administer the online tools, how long until LDS.org synchs up and grants them access?

Similarly after a calling change is made in MLS how long until it is reflected in the church directories?

Thanks,
Geddes
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

geddes wrote:Hi folks,

Quick question, wondering if anyone knows. After I make someone a "web administrator" in MLS or give them any other calling that should allow them to administer the online tools, how long until LDS.org synchronizes up and grants them access?
This can take a few days. The first step is getting the callings into CDOL which happens within 15 minutes usually. The next step is a nightly process which copies out the callings. I don't know the processes after that, but when I put my calling in it took a couple more days.
geddes wrote: Similarly after a calling change is made in MLS how long until it is reflected in the church directories?
This happens within a few minutes most of the time (once they are in CDOL they show on the new directories).
ldsaintctr

EQ President Access to MLS Web

Post by ldsaintctr »

Is there a way for Elder's Quorum Presidents to have access to the admin rights for MLS Web? I have admin rights from the Bishopric for our desktop MLS (helping to serve as a clerk as well) and am not able to obtain access.

I noticed that Elders Quorum President is not under the Tier 2 leadership access.

If there isn't a way, can we request to someone in the Ward/Stake to obtain access to MLS Web?

Thank you!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ldsaintctr wrote:Is there a way for Elder's Quorum Presidents to have access to the admin rights for MLS Web? I have admin rights from the Bishopric for our desktop MLS (helping to serve as a clerk as well) and am not able to obtain access.

I noticed that Elders Quorum President is not under the Tier 2 leadership access.

If there isn't a way, can we request to someone in the Ward/Stake to obtain access to MLS Web?

Thank you!
I'm afraid the only way to get rights is to have a calling in MLS which provides rights. Your rights in the desktop MLS do not translate to rights on any of the websites.

At this point the only positions with rights to the Leader and Clerk Resources are the bishopric, executive secretary, ward clerk and assistant clerks (except finance clerk). If you are acting as an assistant clerk your bishop may want to see if the stake will formally call you as such so that you can be listed with that calling in MLS.

The roadmap on the Leader Portal wiki page indicates that eventually there's going to be a home teaching module. Presumably Elder's Quorum Presidents will be given at least some level of access when that is added.
schester

Post by schester »

Well under the new site it seems to me that all their would be is administering the calendar to which you can add individual callings or members as administrators.

On the old site, last time I looked which was at least a year ago, you could add anyone as an administrator to the site. That could possibly have changed since then though.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

schester wrote:Well under the new site it seems to me that all their would be is administering the calendar to which you can add individual callings or members as administrators.
On the new lds.org, there is far more than just the calendar. There are leader tools (which is a very large area and growing) as well as the directory. Only the calendar allows people to be added as editors, regardless of their callings. For all the other applications (and for calendar approvers), access is controlled only by the standard callings as specified in MLS and stored in CDOL.
schester wrote:On the old site, last time I looked which was at least a year ago, you could add anyone as an administrator to the site. That could possibly have changed since then though.
On the old Local Unit Web Site (now called "Classic"), any administrator can add any other user as an administrator. That has always been the case and still is. But this thread is talking about the new site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mmathson

Post by mmathson »

I've noticed it takes a minimum of 24 hours and usually 48 hours.

Return to “Main Church Website”