Temple Recommend Tracker

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mrclark411

Temple Recommend Tracker

Post by mrclark411 »

I just got off the phone with my wife and we're in trouble. See, I am to get on a plane and fly out to Utah tomorrow for a wedding. She is already there. As I was getting off the phone with her she reminded me to bring my temple recommend. I thought sure, it's already in my wallet, but then I got the sinking feeling. That horrible, horrible sinking feeling when you realize that the two year temple recommend that has served you so well has, well, expired. No, this is not like the time when you were in Spain and you can just call your bishop early in the morning because you forgot the recommend - this is much worse. So all the effort made to fly out to attend the solemn ceremony is for naught (we'll be there outside, but I don't like the symbolism).

So what do I propose? If recommends are tracked centrally (I believe they are), could we get them added to our profile on our unit website? Then allow us to set when to be reminded by email (2 months, 1 month out) that our recommends are almost expired. I realize that a small amount of effort on my part could have avoided this, but overall, I believe it would reduce the strain on Bishops and Stake Presidents' time as they have to interview us now and not their counselors.

I suspect this is happening more often now that the recommends are good for so long. We're just out of the habit of setting up those appointments. :o
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

I can see where you're coming from could LUWS help remind individuals about different commitments? Maybe an alert that the month is about to end and you've not noted that your home teaching is complete. This may be a nice to have be certainly not an essential function.

The best solution to the this problem is to have a good pro-active executive secretary who will have from MLS the names of those members whose recommends are about to expire and be calling them to arrange interviews. Individuals may only think about renewal interviews once every two years. For executive secretaries it is a regular part of their duties in helping to reduce the administrative burdens on Bishoprics and Stake Presidencies.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

That is a good idea. In the mean time, however, you can use one of the many free "Email Reminder" services available on the web.

Tom

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”