Gospel Library Bookstore

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
SteveWayment-p40

Gospel Library Bookstore

Post by SteveWayment-p40 »

Are there any plans to make LDS books available for purchase in the Gospel Library app? I am mostly thinking of the "classic" LDS books, such as Jesus the Christ or The Miracle of Forgiveness. I have purchased these books in other formats, but it would be amazing to have the ability to highlight and cross-reference these with other LDS resources.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

On the classic LDS.org site there is an audio version of Jesus the Christ, but there is no version in HTML or PDF. PDFs and HTML are available for about everything else, although Preach My Gospel is not in HTML yet due to its print structure, but someone said there is work going on to use XML markup to make that work in the future.

Are there any difficulties with the present UI on the Gospel Library app that might be made better by having a 'bookshelf' display similar to what I've seen in promo videos about the iPad?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

One item that is on our enhancement list is having the ability to add custom content to Gospel Library. We have not had many discussions about this yet but it would be similar to being able to create your own content to add to the Reveal reader. I believe that anything that is in HTML format can be converted into a ybk format that can be read by Reveal.

As we get closer to having a solution for this, we will post more information on the project wiki.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”