Sophos Install

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
slh531977-p40

Sophos Install

Post by slh531977-p40 »

I've been getting messages for weeks that I needed to download sophos and install. I logged on, downloaded, and tried to install. However I'm still getting messages from MLS saying it's not installed. I looked in my toolbar and click on the Sophos icon and see that it needs a pwd. How do I get this password?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

slh531977 wrote:I've been getting messages for weeks that I needed to download sophos and install. I logged on, downloaded, and tried to install. However I'm still getting messages from MLS saying it's not installed. I looked in my toolbar and click on the Sophos icon and see that it needs a pwd. How do I get this password?
You shouldn't need a password for Sophos. You do need a password to download Sophos from the MLS download site, but you don't need a password to run Sophos. Did you go to that site and then use the "download Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Software Installer (Sophos)" link under "Local Unit Security Software"?

I've installed that software a dozen times and it has never asked me for a password.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Check and see if you still have Symantec installed on your computer in control panel. As long as the live update program and Symantec anti virus program are uninstalled and Sophos is installed you shouldn't receive that message anymore.

Like Alan says, you shouldn't need any password once it is installed. It should just run in the background.
slh531977-p40

Post by slh531977-p40 »

ok I'll double check but I don't see symantic running, yet I still get the message from MLS, and yes I downloaded and installed as instructed in the MLS Message
Thanks
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Please let me know if you see the message again and I will look into it.

Return to “Clerk Computers”