Leader and Clerk Resources - who gets access?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kennova

Leader and Clerk Resources - who gets access?

Post by kennova »

I assume the default is the bishopric, the exec sec, the clerk... and maybe a couple others.

What is the comprehensive list of who is supposed to see it? Also, is there a way to add anyone to that list, like an asst. exec sec (custom position)?
Kenn North
Texas
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kennova wrote:I assume the default is the bishopric, the exec sec, the clerk... and maybe a couple others.

What is the comprehensive list of who is supposed to see it? Also, is there a way to add anyone to that list, like an asst. exec sec (custom position)?
This has been discussed quite a bit in other threads. Probably the best source for a list is this post and the ones that follow it in that thread.

There is no way to add people to the access list -- access is based purely on official standard callings, as specified in MLS and transmitted to CDOL.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kennova

ok

Post by kennova »

Thanks for that.. I was hoping it would sync up with the permissions that are set in MLS, but that's clearly not the case.. in time I guess.
Kenn North
Texas
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kennova wrote:Thanks for that.. I was hoping it would sync up with the permissions that are set in MLS, but that's clearly not the case.. in time I guess.
I really doubt that it is a matter of time. The model being used for access with all the new web apps is not at all connected to the permissions in MLS; it is only connected to the standard callings entered in MLS (and which I'm sure will soon be able to be added in the Leader Tools web app).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kennova wrote:Thanks for that.. I was hoping it would sync up with the permissions that are set in MLS,
Sounds like an interesting feature request. But I think it would be better if specific permissions could be granted on-line rather then tying them to the limited selections found in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kennova

I agree

Post by kennova »

Agreed.. I guess it shows how little I know about the roadmap of where things are headed. I see alot of things heading online (good thing from my point of view), but what does that mean for the desktop app and what's done there. Additionally what things are ONLY done online?

I think doing it online is closer to the use case. At the end of the day I really just want to give access to those tools to assistant Executive Secretaries, and possibly a couple others. I also understand the reason to keep the list limited.
Kenn North
Texas

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”